·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Evil Mechanic

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i didnt know it was going to be a single cylinder. I really don't know but ideally if it's a track bike - doesn't that really hold it back? Why not go vtwin but match the power specs - is it weight?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm liking this bike a lot as a track machine. Stock it will do a tick over 100 mph. I'm sure it will do 110+ with some bolt-ons. I was leaning towards a 600cc supersport, but this seems like it would be much more fun. Nothing like one or two sets of tires per year vs. a set a weekend with the 600cc bikes. I'm sure the used values a couple of years down the line are going to be pretty awesome as well!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have tried but to no avail. But does anyone know the Horsepower and Weight of:
KTM RC390
Ninja 300 (parallel twin)
CBR300R

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Based on the overseas pricing, it's estimated to be between $6000 - 6500........closer to $6500.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
KTM is very purposeful about what they produce. Their idea of a budget bike MUST STILL embody good components, excellent design and technology. Therefore, it will not compete directly on a cost basis with a Japanese budget bike... Because when Japan builds a budget bike, it is BUDGET BUILT. KTM has a very well defined mission statement, Ready to Race... You will not see a CBR OR NINJA from them, it just does not fit their mission statement. They are ok with it, and their fans are too.

The RC390 has a trellis frame and an aluminum swing arm too... It is what every CBR300 or Ninja 300 dreams of being... A real bike.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
So the consensus is the rc390 will be about $6500? My dealer has a cbr300r @ an advertised price of $4400 for comparison.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the consensus is the rc390 will be about $6500? My dealer has a cbr300r @ an advertised price of $4400 for comparison.
That's what I'm saying......lol

But the two bikes are Not equals.....:icon_study:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
See, I'd never consider a CBR300, but I'd sell my 09 for the RC390. Personally I do not place the KTM and the Honda in the same league, they are more different than they are alike. One is built with literally the cheapest components possible, the other is built as a performance bike. The RC literally has 50% more hp and weighs almost 7% less... Then throw in all of the other components, and they are built for totally different riders.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts