Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well just got my new FZ09 Red yesterday and went for a 50 km run today sunny and 12 degrees C..man these things work wicked first two gears need to be short shifted anything above 6000 rpm and the front wheel comes up and i weight 240..didn't go above 7 or 8 grand on rpm till i get some more miles on her but she pulls something fierce its a lot of motor for a small bike sadly we will soon be covered in snow up here but will still ride until they start to salt the roads then we are done for the winter man i hate winter hoping for a long mild fall can't wait for next summer...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Glad to hear you got out for a bit... was a bit cooler here in the afternoon (4 C) so all I did was a run into Windsor for a donair!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mothy good to see another maritimer on the 4m where is Newport i live just outside of Bridgewater

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
It's about 20 Kms outside of Windsor, heading for Truro cross country...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
cool may see you on the road some time we often do rides to Windsor was up there to check out the Triumphs looked at a street triple 675 2012 but they would not deal much at Bros cycle we were there on October the 5th to see the pumpkin weight offs and on the way home a guy backed out of his drive way about 70 feet in front of me and i t-boned his car on the 40s road on the other side of New Ross and wrote off my 2009 Yamaha 1700 Warrior his fault so i am now the proud owner of a FZ09 rapid red and just getting healed up..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Shame about the Warrior, but glad to hear you're ok. Been on the Forties several times, but not with the FZ yet... looking forward to the new pavement. I usually grab a coffee at the Water Street Tims in the afternoon on the weekends if the weather is good... so you never know.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Midnight Ray... Good to see you on here, and feeling well enough to ride. Don't be a stranger on RSW though :) And keep healing.

You chose the right bike by the way!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stellmon thanks ya i am still on the warrior 4m they are a great bunch of people and a great 4m hope this one does as well lots of good info so far ya FZ09 wanted a little lighter and more nimble bike this time but she is wicked fast and powerful going to have to respect her :nike: ...Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts