Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Finally coming around to posting but I picked up a new to me 2014 Liquid Graphite FZ-09 in October 2014 and have been happier because of it. I found a bike w/ less than 1k miles. I love this bike! I was able to get it reflashed in nov and that really smoothed out the snatchy throttle. The mods have already begun! I already added a Yoshimura fender eliminator kit, and a CustomLED rear tail light. The bike came w/ a lower protaper handlebar so I added new grips. I also added woodcraft frame sliders. These photos are when I first brought Hanzo home. I'll post some follow up post mods soon.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Planned Mods;
Akra Carbon Exhaust (being shipped)
Puig sport dark smoked windscreen (being shipped)
LED front turn signals
Rear Suspension
Front Suspension
Spiegler front brake lines
Radiator guard
Woodcraft fork slider
Woodcraft case sliders

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Welcome to the MACHINE!
Good choice.
Enjoy.

Reactions: esracer

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Welcome. Excellent find with low mileage. Trust me: You will LOVE that new Akra -- Best mod.

Wondering here what you paid for a low mileage '09.....regardless, you're going to have one exceptionally sweet ride.

Enjoy.:D

Reactions: esracer and MoFZio

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Congrats on the new to you bike (looks great) and welcome to the best FZ09 forum on the interwebs.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Rocky Mtn. In fact my radiator already has some battle damage from the prior owner.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome. Excellent find with low mileage. Trust me: You will LOVE that new Akra -- Best mod.

Wondering here what you paid.....regardless, you're going to have one exceptionally sweet ride.

You will never believe it!!! 6900, cash!! w/ less than 1k miles. For California, I think it's pretty good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Wondering here what you paid.....regardless, you're going to have one exceptionally sweet ride.

I'm looking forward to the Akra!!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
You will never believe it!!! 6900, cash!! w/ less than 1k miles. For California, I think it's pretty good.
That's a great price, especially for CA. But then you've got to add tax and registration. Still a sweet deal. :cool:

Any idea why the prior owner sold...???

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
That's a great price, especially for CA. But then you've got to add tax and registration. Still a sweet deal. :cool:

Steve, this is just a WAG, but the previous owner may have finally figured out the the Rapid Red was the fastest one and he just unloaded it and got one of those! :cool:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Steve, this is just a WAG, but the previous owner may have finally figured out the the Rapid Red was the fastest one and he just unloaded it and got one of those! :cool:
Maybe. I didn't think of that but you may be on to something.:D

Since the OP paid cash and delt with the prior owner, I thought he might actually know.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome to the board! Congratulations on the nice find!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Rocky Mtn. In fact my radiator already has some battle damage from the prior owner.
Your welcome, I was thinking of getting the Yamaha rad side covers, but they are $150+ up here. Then I would still need something to protect the rad itself. Then I found the Evotech and it keep the naked look but adds a bit more protection than the others.

So far I have added these to protect the bike along with the rad guard.

Evotech axel slides
Evotech Performance Front Fork Sliders/Protectors for 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com
Evotech Performance Rear Axle Sliders/Protectors for 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com

SW-Motech frame slider kit.
SW-Motech Frame Slider Kit for 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 | Motostarz USA | Motostarz.com

Yamaha engine case guards, since I had $100 in store credit where I bought my 09
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...et+Motorcycle&d=28|28&f=2014|44&dealernumber=

I just need a set of bar end sliders, and then I should be well covered. There is a Motostarz Canada store where I went through, saved on duty charges to get it across the border. The Canada store was great to deal with, hopefully the US store has the same great service.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The bike came from NorCal. I believe he was really into 2 up riding w/ his wife. So he decided to order a BMW GS1200 instead. Maybe he didn't like the snatchy throttle!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts