Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
So, who is this guy and more importantly, WHY DOES HE HAVE A FZ 09 and I don't?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Why isn't he here and telling us how it is!?!?!? I like it in it's natural habitat way more than in promotional photos.

This guy is in Georgia, and I want to know how he got the first one in the US...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
I don't think there is any doubt (at least in my mind), that he is some sort of test rider/regional sales guy for Yamaha/ex Yammie factory rider. Georgia isn't that far from me (E. TN)......maybe I could kidnap him and the bike and work out some sort of deal where he gets to return home (I really don't need to feed and house him) and I get to test ride the bike until it's released........all in the name of better serving the yamahafz09.com forum! :cool: :p

Oh, and BTW, the next picture that y'all would see of it..........NO Chicken Strips on the tires. Get that bike leaned over where it is suppose to be young man!

OK, got to edit my posting............looking through some of his stuff over on reddit, he just got his license like three months ago, so I doubt that he is any kind of test rider for Yamaha. Now I'm really puzzled and want to know more about this.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
He has video of it too, but Yamaha will not allow him to show it. Lucky dude! I will anxiously await more updates from him

·
Registered
188 Posts
Doesn't matter who he is ... He hasn't shared on here.... So I hate him ... ;)

Wonder whose butt and how long he had to kiss??

·
Registered
699 Posts
With a fresh license, I pray that he rides safe, and doesn't pile it up within the first week and a half. Godspeed young man, Godspeed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
hmmm .. not to argue the point Triple ... but .. if the 'lad' got his licence 3 months ago according to his own posts ... well ... maybe true... but does it say anything about pre-licence skills?... he coulda been a secret member of the Crusty Demons for a decade?! ... he coulda been working as a test rider without a licence , on tracks only! ... he coulda be just sayin that it was 3 months ago as deliberate mis-information to make all the rest of us insanely jealous and sob while rocking in a corner!!! ..... he might be familiar with bike and his daddy is C.O.O. of the build plant and wanted his silver spoon fed sonny boy to have a brand new toy that the other kids dont have??

:cool: just sayin!!!

oooh frag it... i nearly forgot ... and how could i have forgot?!?!??!?!? ...

4 days ago .. then again 2 days ago ... I have seen a dude riding a bike (locally to my work) ... ive been driving and somewhat pre-occupied also ... as soon as i saw it the first time my brain screamed FZ09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... but as the traffic was medium heavy i couldnt see full clearly just if i was right ... he was going in opposite direction ..

then the second time... (and after i had spent some time looking up 'similar' bikes online) .. saw him again... same bit of road ... this time the traffic was really light.... and as i was near an intersection with lights.. i did a u turn quick as i could and tried to get closer ... but this guy is cagey and does a flip flop into some side streets .. i have a little ford courier turbo diesel 4wd ute which is not really a match ... so he went ... somewhere ...

i cant confirm this at all.... in any way .. couldnt even get the phone camera working quick enough.... :mad: ... the bike had 'the fz09' kick in the bottom of the exhaust pipes at the front of engine.... the headlight was so damn similar ... the swingarm, i'm not sure? i was busy trying to look at the front end! ....

i know it wasnt a brutale800 , a ducati streetfighter or a fz8 .. the bent to the side 'headers' tell me that ... but is there any other bike around with similar pipes from new? .... anyone?

i know i might just be hallucinating with desire for the bike! .. i know in general from a distance that most of the time i say "its a bike..." ... but i can tell harley or sports or adventure usually ..

but i also know i have been gazing at the smexy lines of the FZ09 for many hours... and what i pay particular attention to is what i am currently interested in ... like when i bought my Nolan N102 helmet a few years ago ... everything else was 'just a helmet' .. but i could spot one of 'my helmet' from 200 yards away!!! ...

so guys .. if anyone can provide a line on what looks REAL similar to the FZ09 .. that'd would at least stop the haunting feeling that there is one in secret ... somewhere nearby .... taunting me with laughter from its underbody exhaust!! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Some guys have all the luck...
Ain't that the truth. See, if it was me that Yammie gave the bike to, to test ride and report back to them, I'd be all of it and reporting it back to you guys......Hint, hint, hint.....Yamaha! Just hearing about and seeing those kind of stories make it all the worse for us that are waiting with deposits down. Hurry up Oh great tuning fork company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts