Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday was my first time out for a somewhat extended ride here in SE Minnesota. Started out from home in rochester and it was 55 degrees and windy. Winds were gusting to 35ish mph. Left home with the goal of getting 200 miles on but ended up with 180.

I headed east from rochester and made my first quick stop in elma at jonnys to check bike over and make sure all was well. Of course all was ok so i continued on. I hit some of the curvy roads in the area but had to watch out for sand since we have not had any good rain yet to clean off the winter crap. Kept it in B mode up to this point and was very surprised how hard this bike pulls compared to my old r6.
. image.jpg

Next stop along the way was at the Eagle View in Minnieska. Stayed there for a bit and watch the bald eagles fly around. There were also a few enjoying lunch on the ice.

image.jpg

After that I headed up north on 61 to my favorite lunch stop in wabasha.. The Olde Triangle.
That was a 15 mile stretch of mostly straight highway I tried to see what i could get for mpg. I saw 50 mpg at 60 mph in 6th gear.
image.jpg

After lunch I started heading back home. I experimented a bit with A mode and ya, its twitchy. I will probably leave ecu alone for this riding season as i dont want to have down time sending it in. Front tire comes off the ground easily enough in B mode anyway. But it would be nice to have the smoothness of B mode in A mode.

Next stop was a quick stretch/mtn dew break at this church. Name kind of made me chuckle.
image.jpg

Hit some more twisties along the way and kept it in B mode. Especially with the roads as they were here. After another few miles i stopped to grab another picture before heading home.

image.jpg
In conclusion this this bike is amazing. I have added a grout sponge to seat but im still going to need to get a different seat as the stock one is not good for me for a full days ride. Suspension worked great for me so far but i have not had chance to really push it. I have increased damping both front and back. So once the twitchy throttle and crappy seat are fixed i think ill have the perfect bike for my needs! I couldn't be happier.

Reactions: v2Bob and beck

·
Registered
111 Posts
What kind of bag do you have on the back? Im planning on a big ride in june and im going to need some storage. Thanks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Well yesterday was my first time out for a somewhat extended ride here in SE Minnesota. Started out from home in rochester and it was 55 degrees and windy. Winds were gusting to 35ish mph. Left home with the goal of getting 200 miles on but ended up with 180.

I headed east from rochester and made my first quick stop in elma at jonnys to check bike over and make sure all was well. Of course all was ok so i continued on. I hit some of the curvy roads in the area but had to watch out for sand since we have not had any good rain yet to clean off the winter crap. Kept it in B mode up to this point and was very surprised how hard this bike pulls compared to my old r6.
. View attachment 3958

Next stop along the way was at the Eagle View in Minnieska. Stayed there for a bit and watch the bald eagles fly around. There were also a few enjoying lunch on the ice.

View attachment 3959

After that I headed up north on 61 to my favorite lunch stop in wabasha.. The Olde Triangle.
That was a 15 mile stretch of mostly straight highway I tried to see what i could get for mpg. I saw 50 mpg at 60 mph in 6th gear.
View attachment 3961

After lunch I started heading back home. I experimented a bit with A mode and ya, its twitchy. I will probably leave ecu alone for this riding season as i dont want to have down time sending it in. Front tire comes off the ground easily enough in B mode anyway. But it would be nice to have the smoothness of B mode in A mode.

Next stop was a quick stretch/mtn dew break at this church. Name kind of made me chuckle.
View attachment 3962

Hit some more twisties along the way and kept it in B mode. Especially with the roads as they were here. After another few miles i stopped to grab another picture before heading home.

View attachment 3964
In conclusion this this bike is amazing. I have added a grout sponge to seat but im still going to need to get a different seat as the stock one is not good for me for a full days ride. Suspension worked great for me so far but i have not had chance to really push it. I have increased damping both front and back. So once the twitchy throttle and crappy seat are fixed i think ill have the perfect bike for my needs! I couldn't be happier.
Awesome pics.

I also went out yesterday. It was 78°F but a little windy. I had planned on approx. 200 mi. but wound up with 300. Much fun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kriega 20l bought at revzilla.

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
663 Posts
Great pics, nice review.

zombieland-rules18.jpg

That's a long ride on the FZ seat. I never thought of a heavy sponge. Very clever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts