Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been busy this week. 3 headlights in house. Just got two of them done this weekend, and one of those was the FZ09 belonging to cjhorton! He wanted to be my test subject, and it worked out well. I am extremely excited about the results, I was worried the entire time that the headlight was going to be too small...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look's pretty good and quality made. Do you have any before and after light projection pics?
I forgot to take a picture of the halogen output. I assume that most people would know what their Halogen output looks like. This particular projector will have an output like this:

Taken at 10 feet (low beam):

(high beam):

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hey Chad,

Awesome work man! It reminds me of a cyclops eye. It looks really sweet. =)

Is the halo on all the time? You have pics with it off/on irrespective of the projector. Does that require additional wiring on the bike?

-Jay

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cj,

Thanks, I was really hoping that you would like it. I really like the effect of the hammered silver, since it isn't just a color, there is texture too.

The angel eye is wired independent of the wiring harness that you will receive for the HID kit. I generally recommend the turn signals, to tap into a switched 12V source. You can always wire it directly with a switch to the battery. There are a few choices.

·
Registered
611 Posts
The angel eye is wired independent of the wiring harness that you will receive for the HID kit. I generally recommend the turn signals, to tap into a switched 12V source. You can always wire it directly with a switch to the battery. There are a few choices.
I hope that thing comes with directions, lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah, I'd like to see what that looks like installed, daylight with no lights on and off, and night with lights on, please! Thanks, CJ for being the test bed!
Soooo demanding!! ha ha j/k

1 - 20 of 78 Posts