Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home from the dealer, about 30 miles of country roads. Man, is this bike fun to ride. I've read about all the torque, monster power band etc, but its even better than I imagined. I'm coming from a Suzuki TU 250, so no wonder that its a different experience, but HOLY COW. I didn't even come close to riding "like I stole it", but I had a blast. Kept the revs under the maintained RPM as recommended, tried to vary the RPM as I cruised along.

Really enjoyed the responsiveness, and I was in "B" mode the whole time. Rode it around town a bit after getting home and really enjoyed the performance in stop and go traffic too. Looking forward to getting the wife out on it 2 up this weekend.

Nothing really new to report, but I had to tell someone about it!

JW

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yet not in a "scary" way as some reviews and reports had lead me to somewhat expect. I'm not saying that I don't have respect for the FZ-09's power band, but its quite manageable as long as you pay attention to what you're doing. I've pretty much just ridden in B mode and a bit in standard before remembering to set it to B after starting the bike up. I was very careful for the 2 miles or so at the end of the ride when it started to sprinkle, avoiding grabbing the front brake too much and esp rolling into/out of curves with the power.

I"m looking forward to getting used to the seating/riding position. Its not uncomfortable, just a different upright than the upright on the TU 250.

JW

·
Registered
474 Posts
Congrats ! The power is absolutely quite manageable. B mode is great to get used to the bike's feel. But - just wait until you wind her out in Standard or A mode… The power really begins to climb!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Be very careful on those new tires...particularly if it's cold. Also, if at any point in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear you're at about half throttle or more with the revs up and you feel something that you think might be a wheelie....IT IS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts