Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got to pick up the FZ today ... due to not having ridden her before and new tires .. I took it home (about 15 miles) on B mode

first impressions compared to my 1198

EXTREMELY upright and comfortable .. its like sitting on a dirtbike .. so much so it feel like the bike had apehangers LOL compared to the clip ons of the 1198.

B mode is very docile ... when compared to the rawness and power of the 1198 .. the 1198 has no riding mode changes .. just balls to the wall lol .. I cant wait to experiment with STD and A mode

I can also see what people are talking about with the stock suspension . its very "squishy" when sitting on it compared to the firmness of the stock SHOWA on the 1198 but Ive already gotten that remedied ...

8983 Penske double clicker and a complete revalve of the front forks (penske kit plus ohlins springs) from Peter Kates in MASS .. that should be in in about a week or two.

With all that said.. I LOVE THIS BIKE .. I love the position .. it runs extremely cool compared to the heat box ducati ... and its a bike I could easily see riding long distances vs taking the DUC out.

got some rhinomoto bar ends . D-AXIS mirrors to go on and R&G fender elim should be here soon.

This bike is everything I hoped it would be and I cant wait to get more seat time on her.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Congratulations on the new FZ09....it's a great bike and will be a ton of fun for sure.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Welcome. Hey post a pic of the fz-09 next to your grom please.

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nice pair! you have good taste and probably experiencing the same back relief as me. I need to get a pick of my FZ & Duc side by side up here.

Reactions: tomcrane

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same back relief and no soreness in the clutch hand hahaha ..the stock lever is killer

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Wide angle lense of peace.
1st pic the duc looks like a midget bike, and then reversed in the 2nd
I would love to give your duc a ride...looks fun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts