Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Are you Financing or Paying Cash?

• Can I borrow some dough?

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • I don't need yours, I have my own thank you.

Votes: 81 53.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys going to finance your new bike, or just pay cash money for it?

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
I was fortunate, I was recently able to sell my 2009 DorsoDuro 750 so the cash that I got out of that will make a huge dent in the money dept. for getting the FZ 09.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
It was definitely a little heavy but it carried it's weight very well. Probably the biggest issue for me was that the bike, even though it was totally reliable in the time that I owned it, they don't have a very large expanse of dealers for work on one that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing myself. And honestly, I just don't feel that the level of quality is equal to the Hondas, Yamaha, etc. I wanted an FZ8 a couple of years ago, before I bought the Aprilia, but they didn't have adjustable suspension on them at that time. So when the 2013 FZ8's came out, I was set to buy one. Then, like two days before I was going to buy it, Yamaha announced the FZ 09 and totally made me not want an FZ8 anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope to be able to put down a sizable down payment and pay off the remainder quickly, but I'll likely have to take a note out on it. Such is life.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Financing with a credit union. You can do a lot of things with 9K cash while you're making the small payments of a low interest loan.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Cash for me... The option to have liability only insurance vs full coverage will save me well over $1,000 a year. I can afford to pay out of my own pocket if needed from the money I save, it pays for itself in my opinion, especially over time. Sucks that insurance is so expensive, 22 years old with a perfectly clean record from the age of 16, no tickets or accidents ever. But what can you do lol :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dealer gave 0% for 6 months which suits me fine as I always pay off by then. Had to ask for it but it is a Yamaha factory deal.

W

·
0 Posts
My dealer gave 0% for 6 months which suits me fine as I always pay off by then. Had to ask for it but it is a Yamaha factory deal.
Use someone else's money. Zero down, 0% interest if you can get it. Save your own money or better yet put it in the stock market. Average return per year is 10% for a reasonably diversified portfolio. I am paying 3.99% on my Yamaha loan. Thus am making 6% by using Yamaha's financing. Paying 0% to Suzuki and also zero down.

·
Banned
161 Posts
I was quoted about $3000/year for full coverage on one so, doesnt look like I'll be financing one.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Financing through a credit union. They have a special low interest rate for first time borowers. Only downside is the MINIMUM loan amount is 10k. I guess my new riding gear will be financed too lol

Reactions: Don.B
1 - 20 of 92 Posts