Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the titles says ... after 5 years of financing my 2016 fz-09 I have one last payment left !

This is now my second bike I’ve done a 5 year finance on and had a couple smaller loans and dirt bikes previously and I’ve made the decision to keep my current bike and start saving all that extra money . It’s such a relief tbh as I’m tired of the payments expecially after taking years to eliminate credit card debt

It’s incredibly tempting to get an fz10 but I figure the 09 is just so good it’s not worth jumping into it right now ... but I can dream , right ? And watch hundreds of YouTube videos thinking about the what if ....

Who else has financed bikes and has gotten tired of the payments ? Or thinking about it or share any of your stories about bike purchases weather good or bad I’m curious about other peoples buying habits lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice bike!

My view on financing is very pragmatic - if the interest rate is below inflation, it's free money! What's the real (not declared) inflation rate is another question, but it's always more than zero.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I financed mine but paid extra on each payment to pay it off as soon as possible. Mine (bought 3 years ago today) was free and clear as of Feb 3rd. Now that money is being dropped on my Tacoma's payment...the plan is to have that paid off by next Feb. Then, half of that money will go into savings, the rest will go towards the CC, which already gets extra love and will be paid off later next year.

Gawd, it's so nice not having someone spending money faster than I can earn it! Don't miss her at all!!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
705 Posts
View attachment 163864 Well as the titles says ... after 5 years of financing my 2016 fz-09 I have one last payment left !

This is now my second bike I’ve done a 5 year finance on and had a couple smaller loans and dirt bikes previously and I’ve made the decision to keep my current bike and start saving all that extra money . It’s such a relief tbh as I’m tired of the payments expecially after taking years to eliminate credit card debt

It’s incredibly tempting to get an fz10 but I figure the 09 is just so good it’s not worth jumping into it right now ... but I can dream , right ? And watch hundreds of YouTube videos thinking about the what if ....

Who else has financed bikes and has gotten tired of the payments ? Or thinking about it or share any of your stories about bike purchases weather good or bad I’m curious about other peoples buying habits lol
Congratulations.....now go buy an MT 10....you'll love it.

·
Registered
2015 FZ 09
81 Posts
Now you can spend the money on a new taillight to replace the awful OEM one! lol

Such a wonderful feeling making that last payment on something you still love!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats. I’m under 3k on my 2017 ugh 🤦🏽‍♂️

Reactions: superman242242

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! I still have 8 payments left on my 3 year financing and learned from it that no matter what life can throw odd things in your way. Covid really had me here - hate to admit that, but if I go and buy another bike, it will be just one payment. Lesson learned but I was (and still am) young and dumb so lets see what next ;) The throttle therapy is quite like no other and I hope you can enjoy it even more now that you can proudly say it's yours! :)

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
854 Posts
Yeah I've played financing games in the past. I was able to walk away with mine for a single payment and the savings in insurance alone was more than worth the chunk of cash. Plus when COVID hit I didn't have to stress about it. Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep making the payment to your savings and buy that mt10 cash!

·
Registered
7 Posts
(...)and the savings in insurance alone was more than worth the chunk of cash. (...)
Does financing affect your insurance rates on the bike? Just asking, cause at my place it doesn't. Here its more about riding experience, age and if you can store it at a garage or alike.

That MT 10 is still to big of a bike for me, I want the 09 to be brought to its limits first. Not (yet) capable of it though. Hopefully I can take her on a track day this year, tickets and suspended license are just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! I still have 8 payments left on my 3 year financing and learned from it that no matter what life can throw odd things in your way. Covid really had me here - hate to admit that, but if I go and buy another bike, it will be just one payment. Lesson learned but I was (and still am) young and dumb so lets see what next ;) The throttle therapy is quite like no other and I hope you can enjoy it even more now that you can proudly say it's yours! :)
Thankfully here in Canada my Covid cerb payment covered all my expenses ... I had no extra money because of it though but since we were in lockdown it’s not like I could do anything anyways ..

should be getting bike out of storage soon and I definitely need some of that sweet throttle therapy

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does financing affect your insurance rates on the bike? Just asking, cause at my place it doesn't. Here its more about riding experience, age and if you can store it at a garage or alike.

That MT 10 is still to big of a bike for me, I want the 09 to be brought to its limits first. Not (yet) capable of it though. Hopefully I can take her on a track day this year, tickets and suspended license are just not worth the hassle.
Financing effects it a bit here but honestly not all that much . Like technically with a financed bike you are supposed to pay for full insurance ... Though I somehow got away with just basic and fire and theft lol . I’m paying about 450$ a year for it and full would be $850+

Even though I will never push a bike to its full potential I use the full power of the bike almost every ride (not top Speed) but it’s acceleration over short sections ... the MT10 would be no different :)

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
854 Posts

ITunes to a degree much like a car. If you owe you sometimes have to carry different coverage but like you cc's, experience, and of course zip code play mostly into cost. I carry full coverage with some extras to more than pay for my bike and I and it cost me 100 a year

1 - 16 of 16 Posts