Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the FZ to the dyno today. The bike only has the PC5 and full Akrapovic installed. After a few pulls to get the bike up to temp the best was 113hp @ 9,900rpms. AF was a little rich at 12.6 which is weird. Gotta get into the PC and tune it a little to bring the AF to 13.0. But not bad at all for this bike. Considering the bike put down 106 dead stock, seems Akrapovic's claimed HP gain is a little low. Which is from my experience is normal for them. Rather underestimate a gain and over deliver. Most exhaust companies overestimate and don't come close. A little tuning and this thing should make a few more hp. Very happy with the results!!!

And for comparison today my R1 made 169 to the wheels @ 12,750. It's amazing how just 150cc's and a true supersport engine makes that much more power! F.ull Akrapovic, PC5, Auto Tune. Was running rich as well as I didn't accept the trim tables when I went through the tune. Considering running pig rich, the HP was impressive. Trimming the fuel a little should get 172ish.

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
those are some good gains there, congrats!

Question, are the gains from the Akra system alone, or the Akra + PCV? I only ask because because they both have the potential to add HP by themselves.

Also, where you using the PCV 02 optimizer?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is with the Akra and the PCV. The optimizer was also installed, but for some reason it was pig rich. I'm not sure why honestly. Never had a problem with a PC not doing what I told it to do. Hopefully I will sort it out in the next couple days and get some more runs on the dyno. Thanks! I'm really happy with the results so far.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Bike is a bit fat on top. 7% is roughly 1 AFR, so you are about -3% off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
If possible, if you can, would you please post both charts?

For me, the bikes liek the fz09, Ninja 100, and z 1000 are wonderful because they did nto chase a giant top number. The low and midrange makes the bike great around town, and the midrange is awesome for passing.

I know your 09 wont compete with the r1, up top, but I'd liek to see how it does up to around 1000 rpm.

I considered an 09 r1 before I ended up with my Ninja 1000. Compared to the Ninja, it had nothign up to 8000 rpm, and caught it by about 10,5000..awesome for the track, but worthless in town....for me...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha! I'm allllllll for pics of tits!!!! I'm back in Germany right now for a few weeks. The dyno runs were my last thing I wanted to do before I left the country. As soon as I get back I will post the graphs.

Reactions: Niner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts