Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to see the red and orange fz 09 today. I really like them both. They had the orange one way up high so I couldn't see it as good. Gonna have to get one before to long!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I guess the main thing for you guys (I'm from the UK) is the different frame colour on the orange bike. I REALLY wish we had black frames over here! They look SO much better than the 'silver' ones IMO. What do you guys think, do you like the odd silver frame on the orange bike?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I generally prefer that a naked bike have a color contrast between the frame and engine to make the design pop out more. So I want a silver frame my Red FZ. Want to trade? Think the governments will notice the different serial numbers? lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I saw the Orange version one day.. bought it two days later... :D

Reactions: Yama58

·
Registered
168 Posts
the contrast in frame color is what made the decision for me to buy the orange. And its more of aluminum look than silver to me. The euro model thats dark color with this frame is a beautiful bike IMO. But in the end they are all good looking bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New guy here. Just paid for a Orange one. waiting for it to be delivered to shop to pick it up. I was going to have my friend that owns a body shop paint the tank Matt blk with a little metallic blk. any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
New guy here. Just paid for a Orange one. waiting for it to be delivered to shop to pick it up. I was going to have my friend that owns a body shop paint the tank Matt blk with a little metallic blk. any thoughts?
Congrats on getting an 09 and welcome to the forum.

Re painting the tank, that's a personal preference thing, I'd keep the orange, but what you said will look sharp. I'd just say wait a 1,000 miles or more to sure, and then if you change the color it will be like having a new bike twice. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I say leave it orange but that is also because I have a Blzn Orange 09 as well. Plus the orange is the fastest color. The matte blk will easily drop 6-7 hp off the bike. :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I personally like the silver frame, too, because it makes the bike stand out just that little bit more, and it goes with the small stripes alongside the black tank stripe.

I think they didn't paint more parts the orange because it's a flake/metallic paint that costs more than the red mica. It may have simply been a design issue, too, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts