Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw someone else riding an FZ! It's about time! Waved back and forth. I think it's my neighbor cuz it was a red one near home. I wonder if they're on here? I was riding my silver one on highway 287.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I just saw someone else riding an FZ! It's about time! Waved back and forth. I think it's my neighbor cuz it was a red one near home. I wonder if they're on here? I was riding my silver one on highway 287.
Love the name "Speedbird"

Don't know if you are aware, that is British Airways call sign.

Cool none the less.:angel7:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the name "Speedbird"

Don't know if you are aware, that is British Airways call sign.

Cool none the less.:angel7:
Yep I'm aware! I'm an Approach Controller at KDEN. We also run ask the airports around Denver like KAPA and KBJC. We get one Speedbird a day from Heathrow

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
511 Posts
You might see me in the summer. I pass through Broomfield on my way to Coal Creek Canyon all the time. Actually worked in Broomfield for many years just not lately. Liquid Graphite incidentally. See you on the road.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Still using the good 'ole UND "Sioux" call signs here.

Reactions: Speedbird

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We come up with funny ones. Like Republic Airlines goes by Brickyard and we call them "Brake Hard" cuz they go slow as hell on final. If you ever are talking to Denver Approach ask for Justin!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't seen any up here. In fact, I rarely see any other type of bike except Harley's.
That's unfortunate. I can't stand Harleys

Reactions: Hawkerjet

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
In the Q400? Those things are gladly on the way out.
Yup the Q's. Those things slow to like 90-100 kts on final. Do you work as a professional pilot?

EDIT: I forgot one of your earlier posts. You fly Mercury? E170s?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Yep I'm aware! I'm an Approach Controller at KDEN. We also run ask the airports around Denver like KAPA and KBJC. We get one Speedbird a day from Heathrow
That makes sense to me. Hey we were in your airspace yesterday. United flight out of ICT on my home to SBA.

Dropped off our Beechjet in ICT for some wrenching.

Cheers and best forward speed at all times!:cool:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll be watching for you all! Proceed direct and resume normal speed:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts