Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding for 34 years and I always dreamed about owning a 90's era two stroke race replica and I finally saved enough to get one! Its a 1990 NSR250R that I am purchasing through Moto2imports.......they take care of getting it titled and licensed and this should be a fun little ripper! They are putting the final touches on it (tires, chain, changing fluids) and it should be delivered to me with a week or two.

Surprisingly, parts are very easy to get (even OEM) and they are easy to work on. Should be a fun bike to ride and work on that will go up in value.:)

Here is a link to the actual bike:

1990 Honda NSR250 - SOLD ? Moto2 Imports

Hope it doesn't blow up after I ride it, lololol.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Dammit man now you have me looking at that Suzuki RGV and the 1992 NSR and doing math. :thebirdman:

Congrats, post pics when you get her home. Just noticing you're in North West Indiana, so only a short couple hours ride from me...….

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Whoa, how cool is that!!

Reactions: CRFan1

·
Super Moderator
4,207 Posts
Should be fun. Congrats on the score. I used to see a Chesterfield Aprilia RS250 at bike night.
Back in 1999, I passed on a NS400R in Rothmans livery. It was a Canadian grey market bike titled and tagged in Georgia.
100% complete with a fresh top end, but I probably would have crashed that little jewel.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dammit man now you have me looking at that Suzuki RGV and the 1992 NSR and doing math. :thebirdman:

Congrats, post pics when you get her home. Just noticing you're in North West Indiana, so only a short couple hours ride from me...….
Hahaha...yeah Tim Hope, the the guy started moto2 imports gets some pretty damn cool stuff in and he is a very nice guy. They are supported by a top notch shop called speedwerks and they can do whatever you need.

Yep we are only a few hours away...I am right on the IL border in IN but I grew up and lived in IL until I got married in 93. Went to SIU Carbondale for aviation as well, hehe.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should be fun. Congrats on the score. I used to see a Chesterfield Aprilia RS250 at bike night.
Back in 1999, I passed on a NS400R in Rothmans livery. It was a Canadian grey market bike titled and tagged in Georgia.
100% complete with a fresh top end, but I probably would have crashed that little jewel.
Thanks Ridetofish......it should be a fun project for sure. Holy cow that bike you passed on is a rare one, especially in the US!!

This little 250 is about 320 pounds full of fuel and will make about 60-62 HP to the wheel....it will have plenty of pep, I couldn't imagine a 400 or 500!! The RG500 Gamma is something i drooled over for years though.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
The NSR handled better than the RGV
But the RGV had a little more poke.
I remember racing with a plethora of RGV’s back in the day when I had my 1st VFR 400.
Good times
Enjoy your new stroker

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kiwi! Yeah that about sums it up. The NSR is known to have more midrange as well and be little less peaky. They are botch great bikes. You have to keep an eye on the power valves on the RGV's otherwise a solid motor.

I also found out you can throw a 2005 CBR600 front end on the NSR without any modifications, lol. Hmmmmmm....

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish we were neighbors just so I could smell you ride by. :confused1:
LMAO! Hey you can always take a ride up, or we can meet somewhere and you can take it for a ride! I intend to ride it until it blows up and just re-do the motor completely :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had to order a shock and springs for the suspension.....bike is still a few weeks out. Ugh, lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reminds me of my buddies Yamaha RZ350 2 Stroke, that thing surprise the crap out of every sportbike rider who came across him, lol.
My buddy has two RZ350's. He just had one rebuilt by a guy that specializes in them...engine completely blue printed and punched to 4xxCC's. That little bike screams.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Any updates?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Any updates?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Yep, just talked to my guy at Moto2 imports and the bike will be completed next week and hopefully shipped out by weeks end by Haul Bikes. I could get it within 1-3 weeks from there...ugh....

Attached a few build pics......

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts