Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally received my so rare NGK Irridium X spark plug from japansparkplugs!!!

CPR9EAIX-9 direct fr Spark plug Auto part Automotive ignition part Automotive engine part Text

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I looked for iridiums that were a direct fit but never found them or could not be sure. Do let us know if they perform any better than the regular plugs. I have had great experience with iridiums.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search - JAPANSPARKPLUGS

NGK IRIDIUM IX
1x CPR9EAIX-9
1x NGK IRIDIUM IX Ref. CPR9EAIX-9# 97673 Equivalences : - NGK CPR9EA-9 - DENSO IU27 / IU27A

I have try it on my RSwarrior and on my Honda S2000 and i very like the improvement, fine toutch but noticable ;-)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Did these plugs work without any issue? im about to do my 600 mile oil change, going to put plugs in to. Plz LMK

·
Registered
392 Posts
I looked for iridiums that were a direct fit but never found them or could not be sure. Do let us know if they perform any better than the regular plugs. I have had great experience with iridiums.
Just curious, whats so good about them? The only thing I could see happening is a longer lasting plug and a more durable gap.

I thought precious metal plugs were for cars running turbos and all that extra tuning so that the plugs could handle the extra engine heat. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Just curious, whats so good about them? The only thing I could see happening is a longer lasting plug and a more durable gap.

I thought precious metal plugs were for cars running turbos and all that extra tuning so that the plugs could handle the extra engine heat. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
I doubt you would notice anything. Factory plugs these days are just fine.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you can tell a difference, your old plugs were either worn/malfunctioning or you are more sensitive than a dyno machine.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
lol... i wish I had as much desire as others do to spend loads of money on unnecessary things rather than riding. lol. I spend money on gas, oil, and dunlop Q3's lol

Reactions: bobski

·
Registered
85 Posts
Im only changing them at 600 because its the first maintenance interval, this is not the norm.. Plugs are cheap

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Im only changing them at 600 because its the first maintenance interval, this is not the norm.. Plugs are cheap
Honestly, not a good idea. There is an expression that my dad used to tell me when I was a young lad...and that was "don't fix what's not broken". And sometimes I would not listen...so stripped threads, wasted money, collateral damage....all lessons learned.

·
Registered
85 Posts
ok, out side of being "bat shit crazy"
im still curious if they worked without issue?

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Honestly, I would wait to change sparkplugs until you replace the airfilter. It's a bit of work to get to the plugs and your OEM plugs should be good for many, many thousands of kilometers. But, if you do change them...let us know how they work out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts