Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been following some of the threads here and waiting to pick up my bike and the weather finally cooperated enough to get it today. Rapid red was the choice, I originally wanted the orange but to be honest after seeing it in person I didn't like it. They should have left the frame black and not done that in silver and orange accenting would have done the trick for me. Anyway, the red one popped out so I chose that one. I have the Yamaha flu screen installed and looking for some suggestions on the fuel mapping as I think that will be the next mod.

I saw a couple members have mappings available, is stoltec the only one with a map for stock exhaust? If you've had your ecu flashed how's your experience been with it?

Thanks....

Steve

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Steve, have you seen this? http://www.fz09.org/forum/31-stoltec-moto/1168-got-ecu-we-do.html

I think Stoltec is the way to go, it can be confusing for a fuel injection/ride by wire newbie, basically now it changes what your hand tells the engine to do. A partner of Stoltec is going to develop fuel maps for the stock pipe, that will change the air/fuel ratio. So soon you will be able to get both in the same ECU flash.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks v2bob, I had not seen that thread for some reason. I was hoping for sown Air fuel ratio changes so it doesn't run so factory lean. Have to read that whole thread and weigh the options.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The fueling is actually pretty good stock for the stock exhaust. What needs refinement is the throttle maps for the electronic throttle controller. Nick at Stoltec has done a great job with getting this sorted out. I recommend his reflash service 100%. It is only $125 and you will have it back in a week total.

Mike

Reactions: steviet

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Two Wheel Dynoworks already has a fuel map for the stock exhaust, will develop one for the Arrow, my understanding that Stoltec will have both of those maps for flashing along with the throttle map that Stoltec already has.

The graph in the thread linked above is with the stock exhaust fuel map.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Two Wheel Dynoworks already has a fuel map for the stock exhaust, will develop one for the Arrow, my understanding that Stoltec will have both of those maps for flashing along with the throttle map that Stoltec already has.

The graph in the thread linked above is with the stock exhaust fuel map.
Wonder if the shown dyno map flash is considered as a free upgrade to the original flash?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Same issues made me choose the gray one. My high school colors, for BOTH that I attended, were orange and black..... I'm sorta partial to them.

So I have been following some of the threads here and waiting to pick up my bike and the weather finally cooperated enough to get it today. Rapid red was the choice, I originally wanted the orange but to be honest after seeing it in person I didn't like it. They should have left the frame black and not done that in silver and orange accenting would have done the trick for me. Anyway, the red one popped out so I chose that one. I have the Yamaha flu screen installed and looking for some suggestions on the fuel mapping as I think that will be the next mod.

I saw a couple members have mappings available, is stoltec the only one with a map for stock exhaust? If you've had your ecu flashed how's your experience been with it?

Thanks....

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts