Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a red fz09 as a stable mate for the r1 on saturday

really love the bike so far have about 200 miles on her, have flashed the ecu and the difference is incredible

creating a 3/4 turn throttle map, a smooth map and just tweaked b mode a bit to make it smooth and friendly for rain or in my case the wife

the 3/4 turn map is a riot around town, really makes the bike feel like a rocket ship. With my other bike being an r1 I didnt expect to impressed with the acceleration, boy was I wrong. Feels like a strong running r6 with a killer midrange to match

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sweet rides. My wife has a Gixxer 750. Very different from the FZ09 but still a blast. Not crazy about the riding position though.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Congratulations on the New FZ.

You must have requested the Fastest FZ -- That's why they sold you the Red one :cool:

Reactions: janzend

·
Registered
518 Posts
i was gonna say that you should have gotten the graphite (theyre faster AND stronger). but you have the red r1. It's not as fast as the blue one, so the red niner should be fine.

But seriously, nice bikes. let us know which you ride more :)

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone!!

Im gonna ride the shit out of the 9 for a couple weeks, be interesting to see how the 1 feels when i get back on it

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
thanks everyone!!

Im gonna ride the shit out of the 9 for a couple weeks, be interesting to see how the 1 feels when i get back on it
The longer you stay on the '09, the more you'll see the differences between the two bikes.

Keep us posted....

·
Vendor
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The longer you stay on the '09, the more you'll see the differences between the two bikes.

Keep us posted....
my initial impressions is the power is similiar at low to mid range rpm's obviously upper rpm's the one is stonger

handling wise still havent gotten my head around the 9 but i havent ridden a bike with a standard seating position in a long time and unfortunately corners are not abundent in south west florida. I keep entering corners with pucker and then go through them and think well that was easy , think i just need more seat time with it.

i dont find the 1 uncomfortable at all but obviously the 9 is more comfortable geometry wise but the seat seriously sucks, lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts