Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend was nice enough to film me for a short session yesterday. Here's some footage..

- I'm in the white Pilot suit
- Yes I kept the license plate on! :)
- This is riding with 2-Fast track day provider at The ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, WA State.
- I had somewhat shagged Dunlop Q3's on and they performed really well.
- My bike build thread will tell you the bike mods including suspension, tuning, etc...
- 300 (Advanced) level - pretty wide open - normally they have 30-35 riders/group, yesterday was only 17 of us - Sah-Weet!
- 23 degree's - 70ish for you Southerner's...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the video, looks like a fun track. You need clubmans next. ;)
Yeah, I gotta say the very first mod would be rear sets - corner speed SUCKS because I can't lean it over very far with dragging the pegs (yes the feelers are removed) so thats the biggest limitation for speed and saefty.

Clubmans would be next though, as you can see, I'm a pretty bid sail sitting so upright on this thing! :)

For reference, my quickest lap there is 7 seconds/lap slower than my quickest lap there on my racebike ('05 Gix 750).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Woodcraft and Stoltec are working on rear sets. For my street 09 I'll stay with the stock pegs.
I'm staying with stock pegs as well as I'll likely not take the FZ back to the track. That was just a shakedown run, a really, really fun test! :)

sporti - thanks Man - that was my 11th day at that track, it's a fantastic playground.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Looks like a blast!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Your leathers are freaking me out. It looks like you're wearing shorts!

Reactions: v2Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Great to see the FZ getting a workout - how tall you are out of interest, the bike looks tiny under you!

I'm staying with stock pegs as well as I'll likely not take the FZ back to the track. That was just a shakedown run, a really, really fun test! :)

sporti - thanks Man - that was my 11th day at that track, it's a fantastic playground.

·
Registered
511 Posts
A guy I work with races bike here in Wash St. and he's always talking about The Ridge and saying I should go out there lol.Hell I'm just trying to get used to the bike I'm not real interested in seeing me plow the fields out there if I get off ha ha.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The exhaust on your bike looks like the carbn Akrapovic?! Looks cool if so!
M4 carbon slip on.

I love Akra but the bang for buck of the M4 couldn't be beat.

rtsb - give it a go, no pressure to go fast and the instruction is great. The Fizzer holds it's own too!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Man I'm so sick of looking at novice class trackday vids....it's nauseating. Finally an Expert class track day vid !!! Yay.
Nice lines too. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
now all i want to do is ride but I am stuck in front of two computers. NOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the kind words fellas, certainly fun to look back and remember how fun the FZ was...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts