Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It got up into the 50's today, so decided to take a ride out to Swan Falls. I dirtbike out here too so decided to check out the FZ-09's Offroad capabilities and it does great in the dirt, it's almost as light as a dirtbike.

Rode up to the edge of the canyon and took some pics over looking the Snake River.

IMG_1758.jpg IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1763.jpg IMG_1764.jpg

There was also a nice five mile flat spot on the highway and I can report that the rev limiter kicks in just over 130 MPH. Gonna have to ship the ECU off soon to fix that.

Great day and awesome freakin bike. Hope the weather holds up!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was just my Iphone. Notice how the darks are all blacked out. Can't even see my new sliders!

·
Registered
131 Posts
There was also a nice five mile flat spot on the highway and I can report that the rev limiter kicks in just over 130 MPH. Gonna have to ship the ECU off soon to fix that.

I'm so jealous. Can you expand a bit on how we can fix the speed being limited to 130? Who do you ship it to and how much does something like that cost?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm so jealous. Can you expand a bit on how we can fix the speed being limited to 130? Who do you ship it to and how much does something like that cost?
Or go to stoltecmoto.com and find the fz09 and the ECU upgrade.

·
Registered
128 Posts
$100 Stoltec Moto for the flash. Do a search for "got ECU".
FYI, it looks like the Stoltec ECU Flash bumped up a bit to $125 seems like in the past two weeks - I think it was 2 days after I got my bike. Kicking myself because I had it in the Cart but then decided I'd wait till March when I have an upcoming business trip and won't mind the bike sitting in the garage. Still a deal at that price in my opinion.

14+ FZ-09 ECU Reflash | StoltecMoto

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
FYI, it looks like the Stoltec ECU Flash bumped up a bit to $125 seems like in the past two weeks - I think it was 2 days after I got my bike. Kicking myself because I had it in the Cart but then decided I'd wait till March when I have an upcoming business trip and won't mind the bike sitting in the garage. Still a deal at that price in my opinion.

14+ FZ-09 ECU Reflash | StoltecMoto
Yes, but return shipping is now paid. Initially you had to pay for it yourself, I think it was a pain in the ass to get it set up.

Reactions: giebsfz and v2Bob

·
Registered
151 Posts
Damn that is one sexy bike! Can you tell I bought the Orange also? Yamaha, Why limited to 130ish? if it was 140ish i would not have a problem!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts