Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I finally got to experience what the rest of you have been enjoying, LOVE this bike. It looks even better in person in my opinion. Rapid Red, #673 :D Took the day off work to pick it up yesterday.

I'll try to throw in my impressions that haven't been beaten to death already (or maybe they have??)

First off, the motor is fantastic. It's so smoooooth.... It's the first bike I've ever had where I don't get vibrations that make me feel like I need to shift up. I'm used to big V-twins, so this is a new experience for me, lol :p I like the exhaust note, very quiet at idle but it really wakes up once you start riding.

I think I prefer "A" mode, I don't feel any jerkiness from it, it just feels responsive. It seems to match the engines "revvy" character, but I kind of like "B" mode too, depends on what kind of riding I'm doing. But I don't use STD mode often at all.

I have a whine in 6th gear only.... It reminds me of what straight cut gears sound like. But that really doesn't make any sense :confused:

The stock suspension actually feels okay to me, I don't mind it. I'm not a particularly aggressive rider though. But I do notice the brake dive, so the forks will still get worked over at some point.

Last comment. I don't recommend this bike for a lot of 2-up riding. My girlfriend didn't find the seat and ergos comfortable (very cramped), and felt like she was sitting too close to the back of the bike, but she was grateful the seat cover is tacky. At the same time, I was sitting farther forward than usual, squishing the twins on the tank. Also, the passenger pegs are far enough forward that they gave me less room for my legs while they were in use, kind of uncomfortable. My ankles were actually sore afterwards. Neither me or my girl are very big..... There just isn't much room for two! :p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome to the rapid red fold... and glad you love it! Definately not suited for two... i think it was designed that way on purpose! ;)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Congrats! and yes these bikes are not very photogenic, but they look amazing in person! I've noticed my gearbox makes noise but mine makes the whine in third. Cant really hear much past that gear cause I'm going too fast. First and second are very quite. I'm not worried about it at all; love having the new bike warranty! I haven't ridden two up yet, but luckily my wife is small so we shall see how it goes. Congrats again!

Daniel

·
Registered
586 Posts
Stellmon, your girl will need to get her own bike then

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stellmon, your girl will need to get her own bike then
She actually rides a 2003 Suzuki SV650S, and she was the one who really introduced me to the world of motorcycles in the first place :)

But we still enjoy a 2-up ride now and again... Too bad all of our bikes suck for it... Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts