Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I installed my VCYCLENUT flashed ECU, cleared the Check Engine code with my 6 pin to ODBII connector using my BlueDriver tester, installed my Rizoma rear turn signals, and Yoshimura Tail Tidy. I fired it up and she sounds sweet. Next up, Michelin Road 5, Speigler brake lines, and EBC HH pads. It is too cold here for me to tolerate riding.
Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Light
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood

· Registered
544 Posts
I installed my VCYCLENUT flashed ECU, cleared the Check Engine code with my 6 pin to ODBII connector using my BlueDriver tester, installed my Rizoma rear turn signals, and Yoshimura Tail Tidy. I fired it up and she sounds sweet. Next up, Michelin Road 5, Speigler brake lines, and EBC HH pads. It is too cold here for me to tolerate riding. View attachment 173545 View attachment 173546
on yhe last photo the exhaust clamp is wrong.See photo at 15 page below

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Is it possible to get a side view pic with the exhaust?
So, my 2014 has a short Arrow pipe, which I really love. I came from old school sportbikes with long pipes, which this is reminiscent of, so the Akrapovic doesn't bother me at all. It reminds me of my CBR954RR with the Erion exhaust.
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I always remove the passenger pegs, so I added the Sato Racing hooks that I use for luggage. Not quite like the ones on my wife's 2016 FZ, but I did go for some bling. The pipe bracket barely left enough space for the hook to be useful.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Auto part

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
you need a new chain , i prefer DID zwmx gold ;)

Br denmark
1,800 miles and the chain is good. I have that very chain on my 2014, and I will put it on my MT when the time comes. I only do things that have a real benefit, upgrade, or are required for upkeep. Replacing perfectly good parts for aesthetics is foolish fodder.

· Registered
yamaha mt-09 SP 2022
47 Posts
hey hmm ok i dont agree as a god gold chain has 2 purposes ,
1. the org one is the baddest quality mine is vz has the lovews rate ( so as i see it an good improvment with a zwmx) and
2. just as you do with other things you do with bike the visual apperence i think it is so much nicer with a gold chain ,
well i did it :) i think it a must

Br
Mikael

· Registered
yamaha mt-09 SP 2022
47 Posts
hai i have reference to VX 9220 lbs vs ZVMX=10408 lbs
I have read on forums that VZ has the lowest strength ( i cant seem to find it right now ) NZ 8050 Lbs it has the lowest value so i guss vz is the lowest as well
But a change to ZVMX is a big improvement as i see it,

Br
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

41 - 60 of 76 Posts