Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't know if this is the Elephant in the room being ignored but how much did you pay for it compared to MSRP?

If I was 25 years younger I'd jump on it instead I got the 15FJ

Use it in good health
BTW, I am 63 years old. I had a trade involved so the allowance I negotiated skewed the numbers, but it was priced close to the original MSRP, without any of the freight and setup fees. It is a sellers market, but my FJR1300 was a sought after trade. I am selling my 2014 FZ-09 on my own.

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good Going and glad you stuck to the SP. Trying to plan a vacation next year for the Polecat track n Lynchburg on 5/20-21. It would be great to see you and look at the SP.
I can easily ride up there and visit. I don't plan on any track days. I am too competitive and would only do it if I had a real track bike, tons of available time, and money to throw away. I raced motocross for 20 years and I don't miss the commitment.

· Registered
82 Posts
After waiting over a year for a shot at getting a new MT-09 SP, I scooped up a used, 2021 with only 1,900 miles that still has some chicken strips. Time to install the room full of mods. We now have three 09's in the stable.

View attachment 173411
View attachment 173412
View attachment 173413
View attachment 173410
View attachment 173414
View attachment 173409
Congratulations! You done well. I tried finding a new sp, but was impossible to find that the dealer didn't want to tack on any insane amount of bs fees to.
I got aggravated and just upgraded the suspension on my 21 base and it's not the same as an sp.
I have the same forks on my streetfighter and those forks stock are far better than mine with the Andreani kits.
Same for the rear shock I got the ktech razor r instead of the ohlins, and while an improvement its still not as good as what you got right off the floor.
Please post up some pictures once you add your mods!

· Registered
26 Posts
After waiting over a year for a shot at getting a new MT-09 SP, I scooped up a used, 2021 with only 1,900 miles that still has some chicken strips. Time to install the room full of mods. We now have three 09's in the stable.

View attachment 173411
View attachment 173412
View attachment 173413
View attachment 173410
View attachment 173414
View attachment 173409
If you know anyone looking for a 2021 MT-09 base model with all the bells and whistles with 7200 miles on her let me know. I've got her posted on Facebook. I'm in Maryland. Turning 70 in March. Yes, the little old man who owns an MT-09. Keot in a custom built shed.
Good luck with your new SP.
Peace.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts