Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet, the head tech that inspected it is a friend, worked for me once upon a time and gave it a glowing review, not a scratch. The dash and the stock tires told me all I needed to know (TCS mode 2 and D-mode 2, I would have been in manual mode 1). He is bringing it to me in a couple of days. I paid for it already. I can't count the number of bikes that I have owned, and totally trust his judgment.

· Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What mods are you planing ?

Br
Mikael denmark
ECU flash, Akro carbon pipe, Speigler braided brake lines, HH pads, MRA shield, Zeta handguards, shorty levers, fuze block, Shorai battery, Zumo XT, Screensaver, radiator protector, passenger peg delete, Yoshimura tail tidy, horn relocate to name a few. I have all of the parts.

· Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice, looks new!
I've seen a few bikes up for sale that has very low mileage, always makes me wonder what lies behind 🤔. Do people buy bikes online without test riding them?
This guy was getting a divorce, and bought a Grom so that he could pocket the excess money. I am friends with everybody at the dealership having bought a few bikes from them. I am not worried about not riding the bike before I bought it. The tech is a trusted friend, and I didn't want it to get away from me not being able to beak away from work for a few days.

· Registered
529 Posts
This guy was getting a divorce, and bought a Grom so that he could pocket the excess money. I am friends with everybody at the dealership having bought a few bikes from them. I am not worried about not riding the bike before I bought it. The tech is a trusted friend, and I didn't want it to get away from me not being able to beak away from work for a few days.
Got that from your previous post😀. Was thinking more in general when it comes to new low mileage bikes. See them now and then, more often than I find an explanation, but maybe its like that for many people.
Perhaps a topic for another thread🤯.

Enjoy it and post some nice pictures of the upgrades!

· Registered
338 Posts
After waiting over a year for a shot at getting a new MT-09 SP, I scooped up a used, 2021 with only 1,900 miles that still has some chicken strips. Time to install the room full of mods. We now have three 09's in the stable.

View attachment 173411
View attachment 173412
View attachment 173413
View attachment 173410
View attachment 173414
View attachment 173409
Congrats on the new bike, looks very clean and tidy. Looks like previous owner might have wound the preload right off on the forks judging by how much of the adjusting bolt is showing in your 2nd photo. Perhaps just set everything back to standard before riding and start adjusting from there.

· Registered
4,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats on the new bike, looks very clean and tidy. Looks like previous owner might have wound the preload right off on the forks judging by how much of the adjusting bolt is showing in your 2nd photo. Perhaps just set everything back to standard before riding and start adjusting from there.
For sure. I tend to run more preload front and rear than normal, a habit left over from my sportbike days, but the clickers go back to stock for a baseline before I adjust the sag. He must have been a lightweight or had been riding cushy bikes in the past, as I sit at 185 pounds.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts