Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me the red FZ 09 for Christmas and my dealer swapped out wheels with the graphite bike! Mine looks exactly how I thought (and hoped) it would and the graphite bike looks excellent with the black wheels. Here is a mediocre pic of my bike, the temp was up to -5 when I quickly snapped this pic. red_blue.jpg

PS. It looks much better in sunlight!

·
Registered
881 Posts
That's very cool, and will be a truly unique looking ride! Congratulations on a having both an awesome wife and motorcycle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks great! Thats exactly how I envisioned my red bike to look like. In the end I bought the graphite instead and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm 50/50...I bet the graphite with black wheels looks amazing. The red with blurple...it reminds me of my 1990 Kawasaki -- I'm not a fan of retro.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think the blue wheels with the red stripe that was on the black wheels would look even better

Reactions: Itaride

·
Registered
224 Posts
You guys are lucky to have your FZ-09's!! I live in central NY and none of the dealers even got one!! I havnt even seen one in person yet,i guess sled season takes top priority!!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow congrats! I didnt think it would look good but it looks great!

Any pics of the other bike with black wheels?

Looks like you are parked on a skating rink!

Have fun!

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
161 Posts
Holy shit you're Captain America

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the blue wheels with the red stripe that was on the black wheels would look even better
I had the exact same thought and plan on experimenting with that concept this spring!

Well done. Reminds me of the Aprilia Tuono 1000R from a few years back.
Agreed, the first time I saw blue O.Z. wheels on the Aprilia RSV1000R I was hooked and then again later on the Tuono as you pointed out!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It does look good! .... :cool:

Can't help thinking it needs a little blurple highlight here and there though ... Maybe the rearsets and the air scoops? ... Or at least some blurple decal on the scoops?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts