Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying my blazing Orange this week..

Questions

Saw a post about fz1 fz6 frame sliders any ones work ?

Auto tune void warranty? Or a slip on?

Extended warranty worth the $500?

Any idea on good priced bar end mirrors

Undertail or integrated taillights?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't want to sound like a dick... but did you spend ANY time whatsoever searching and reading the forum?

seriously. there's a thread already in existence addressing all of your questions.

i encourage your enthusiasm, but question your laziness.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Questions

Here you go click on this link as it will take you to the section on performance mods and accessories. There should be enough info and threads in there to help you out so you can make quality decisions.

FZ-09 Gear & Accessories

·
Registered
883 Posts
First, welcome to the site!

YamahaFZ09.com is a rapidly growing site and its organization is getting better, but there are still many subject threads in unexpected locations. The site's search function is fairly good compared to others I have used, but I encourage you to check the following thread...

Searching for Information Directly from Google or Bing or...

...which brings many useful results in a format with which you may already be familiar.

·
Registered
418 Posts

Questions

Get sliders for the FZ09. Easier and designed for the machine.
Auto tune won't void the warranty that I know of.
Skip the extended warranty. If you ride it like you should any problems will be evident before the 1yr warranty is up.
Bar end mirrors look HORRIBLE. Just my opinion though.
There are a few home made integrated tails out there. I would wait for Custom LED or someone that's been doing it for years before anything else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
buy the YES extended Yamaha warranty I'm a dealer & it's like buying insurance it's there & i hope you don't use it but unlike insurance you are not forced to buy it, I don't do alot of warr work but I sell alot of YES because I believe in it & believe in Yamaha I've seen it pay off & I've seen it not pay off it's like buying peace of mind. You hear horror stories about ext warranties well most of the time it's an aftermarket warr not it's been my experience that those co are only worried about making money, Yamaha YES is about keeping the customer happy. Keep this in mind with the Yamaha YES, dealers & Yamaha tend to go the extra mile if there are any "grey area questions" in certain warr situations. Just my .02 of being a proud Yamaha dealer since 1963. Where are you getting your bike?

·
Registered
637 Posts
For anyone buying a new 09, Using a long thin screwdriver, turn the rear shock damping screw all the way in - clockwise and turn the fork damping screw almost all the way in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just bought threw sportline power products in New York $8329 out the door!!!

There a way to due away with the speed limiter??

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
just bought threw sportline power products in New York $8329 out the door!!!

There a way to due away with the speed limiter??
Read the forum. It's all there. Stoltec Moto is working on it now for his ECU Flash.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
buy the YES extended Yamaha warranty I'm a dealer & it's like buying insurance it's there & i hope you don't use it but unlike insurance you are not forced to buy it, I don't do alot of warr work but I sell alot of YES because I believe in it & believe in Yamaha I've seen it pay off & I've seen it not pay off it's like buying peace of mind. You hear horror stories about ext warranties well most of the time it's an aftermarket warr not it's been my experience that those co are only worried about making money, Yamaha YES is about keeping the customer happy. Keep this in mind with the Yamaha YES, dealers & Yamaha tend to go the extra mile if there are any "grey area questions" in certain warr situations. Just my .02 of being a proud Yamaha dealer since 1963. Where are you getting your bike?
Extended warranties are great, but also free money for yamaha and brownie points for the dealer. Non refundable $500.00. You have two posts and both are advertisements. Do you know that Yamaha is suing the admins of this site? Great products horrible company. I know you have been selling them for a while...but I'm a customer that loves the bike and hates the service...and the customer can buy another yamaha or not and I choose not to again. If it wasn't for the FZ09 I wouldn't have even looked at yamaha, I wanted a triumph speed triple, but I also wanted something to work on so here I am.

Take your adverts somewhere else. This is for FZ09 owners and enthusiasts not advertising unless you are a supporting vendor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts