Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone like the look of the fender attached from the swingarm? I cant really decide. I know if I keep looking at it I will hate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally do not mind it, there is a thread where someone modified the stock swingarm mount to look sleeker and less bulky. If I had a 17+ I'd do that DIY mod.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally do not mind it, there is a thread where someone modified the stock swingarm mount to look sleeker and less bulky. If I had a 17+ I'd do that DIY mod.
Ya, I thought it was not so bad. thx for the input.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My view of the rear registration plate hanger changed after I first rode the bike in the rain. The rear end got covered in crud. I then worked out a crude (and rather ugly) way to cover the whole rear tire from swing-arm to rear-hanger.
Now I'm happy to ride in the frequent rain here in the UK. .

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Personally I think it looks good, and talk about function over form, that bike suuuuucks in the rain with a tail tidy. I'm not sure ho, but it manages to throw road grime on the front of your helmet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't particularly like the looks of it and for sure don't like the function of it. I installed an extender on mine in an effort to get better splash protection. It is better but still leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like the way mine looks now, but that's because it's in a bag on one of my garage shelves. A lot of people like the look, but I'm not one of them. IMHO removing it was a win win. I got rid of some un sprung weight and a wart on the rear of the bike all in one mod.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
94 Posts
I like the look of the arm mounted fender better than the huge hanging booger thing that drops down from the rear of my xsr 900. I'm going to remove my hanger and swap to the swing arm mounted style just as soon as I find someone elses take-off parts.
I do very much like the 'clean' look of no fender at all - however I ride nearly every single day and I don't want to put up with the down side of the ultra clean look (even thought it doesn't rain often where I live).

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
94 Posts
My view of the rear registration plate hanger changed after I first rode the bike in the rain. The rear end got covered in crud. I then worked out a crude (and rather ugly) way to cover the whole rear tire from swing-arm to rear-hanger.
Now I'm happy to ride in the frequent rain here in the UK. .
Would love to see your modification - even if you deem it to be 'ugly' - maybe someone here can come up with a clever way to clean it up....

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
94 Posts
Nice work Gordon - beyond my skills and tools to make something like that in a reasonable amount of time. There are very similar units on ebay for around 30 bucks, for anyone who may want one like that but isn't as competent as Gordon!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Omg....I was riding the other day and the shadows were just right and the turn signals were literally bouncing up and down like floppy ass double headed dildos..this has to change :(. Looked like a dildo salesman. Not a moto guy.

·
Registered
2017 FZ09
63 Posts
I looked at the fender extensions, and they're not much longer that the OEM. Still mud and grime will be on your seat and back. I search all the time, for some type of fender OR maybe if someone has modified another fender that looks cool.

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is what I got from Pyramid Plastics.
Wasn't gonna do it but I'm tired of getting my back wet If you know what I mean ;)
It was very light, felt like a burger weighs more

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
94 Posts
This is what I got from Pyramid Plastics.
Wasn't gonna do it but I'm tired of getting my back wet If you know what I mean ;)
It was very light, felt like a burger weighs more
View attachment 158120
How well does it work at keeping the gunk off the back of the bike and the back of you?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts