Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from NZ

I am searching for fender eliminators that will suit our NZ plates. The plates are 260mm x 100mm. I am concerned that our plate widths are too wide for some of the tailtidies available. iow they might obstruct the indicators.

Would anybody be able to assist with measuring what width plate their fender eliminators could accommodate without obstructing the indicators.

some of the tailtidies I'm looking at...

R&G (I've been told they look crap with our plates??) but haven't seen any proper photos of it fitted with our NZ plates.
Yoshi
Evotech

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
320 Posts
The yoshimura would work as far as the turn signals are concerned. The turn signal brackets bolt directly to the plate, and from the site I just checked our plates in CA are the same height, so that would work. The brackets are also reversible and adjustable for depth to ensure short stock signals will be visible beyond the plate.

I'll try to double check tomorrow if I have time, but from what I remember during the install it would be just fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sparker.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob ........ I'm not to keen on trimming the plate. Don't want to give the blue and reds reason to hassle me.

Thanks for the Yoshi manual...gives me a better idea of how it attaches without actually having one in front of me.

How wide is that Yoshi plate frame?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks sparker.....
Sorry, I forgot I was supposed to do this. I just checked it, and it should work just fine. You'd be unable to use the included license plate frame, which I almost didn't use myself but I kind of like it now. You'd potentially have to drill new holes through your license plate as Bob suggested, but once the plate is mounted the turn signal brackets will bolt to the original license plate holes, assuming the holes are the same distance to the edge as the US plates are, close to the 4 corners of the plates.

If I were in your situation, I would be confident it would work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sparker you're the MAN....thanks for the help bud.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Bob ........ I'm not to keen on trimming the plate. Don't want to give the blue and reds reason to hassle me.

Thanks for the Yoshi manual...gives me a better idea of how it attaches without actually having one in front of me.

How wide is that Yoshi plate frame?
The frame is about 7"x4", same as a CDN plate. So it fit my plate perfectly after I drilled new holes. IIRC my plate could move up and down a little in the frame, so it's a tiny bit taller.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Bob ! Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts