Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My initial choice was going to be the Yoshimura kit and live with the stock turn signals for now. Then I found this site

FZ09

I didn't get any hits at all on these here. Does anyone know anything about them?

·
Registered
185 Posts
image.jpg
image.jpg
Did this today using all stock parts that are on the bike, all revesable to go back to stock
Also ordered led blinkers and oem connectors.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is the first time I have seen these, all I can say is the top two where the plate slants inwards are absolute cop magnets around here. I went with the Yoshi kit and an integrated tail light by CustomLED. Apart from the laughable instructions the Yoshi kit is top notch, I really like the little led plate light it comes with.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have a Yosh and it is great.

It also has a light for your plate. Some states, like California, require a lighted plate.

Very well made and has a factory look.

Can't beat Yosh for quality.

·
Registered
226 Posts
R&G make a superb tail tidy too, with a numberplate light, red rear reflector and provisions for the stock or aftermarket indicators. Wiring, plugs, shrinkwrap. Everything. I just put one on my brothers MT07...wish I'd got one for my MT09 instead of the p.o.s Graves one I bought!

·
Registered
185 Posts
image.jpg Jsp
There is a metal bracket on the back side of plastic plate light contraption . Remove it and 2 bolt holes match up with holes that hold original long metal bracket . You only half to drill new holes to hold license plate on and 2 holes in plastic piece under fender .
I can take more detailed picks if you want , I'm also still using keyhole seat lock cover.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone have the $50 ebay one with the number plate light?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does anyone have the $50 ebay one with the number plate light?
I got this one from eBay. Install requires some trimming of some stock parts, but it's pretty easy.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the ebay but i modify it to be shorter!
Originally from ebay:

SAM_0598.jpg

After mod:

SAM_0671.jpg

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
View attachment 13587 Jsp
There is a metal bracket on the back side of plastic plate light contraption . Remove it and 2 bolt holes match up with holes that hold original long metal bracket . You only half to drill new holes to hold license plate on and 2 holes in plastic piece under fender .
I can take more detailed picks if you want , I'm also still using keyhole seat lock cover.
View attachment 13588
View attachment 13589
View attachment 13590
View attachment 13591
A little better pics please...just so happens I have all that removed right now waiting for Led blinkers to arrive......I am interested in doing this... Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered the Graves one, should be here in a couple days. Looked the cleanest and most minimal. Planning on adding Rizoma "Action" turn signals to it along with the Rizoma tail light and I think that will look really clean (if a wee bit on the expensive side).

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Ok, problem - Graves kit arrived, two big holes on the sides where turn signals should mount. Rizoma signals go right through the holes. Need mounting plates or something but I'm wondering if I got the wrong kit or something?

Mounting plates I think I need but not sure :

Universal Indicator Lights by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -

Here are the ones I got... there is nothing cheaper that I could find ..... Black Carbon Stalk Turn Signal Adapter Plate Yamaha FZ8 2011 2012 2013 FZ09 2014 | eBay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts