Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
The Evotech appears to be sized for a European plate. Both Evotech and R & G Racing are about 50 percent more then the Graves. I talked to Graves and they should have full info in the site around the 20th. I believe it has a light. Tunnellvision will have his bike back next and will provide more info the tail giddy.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Not sure about the plate light yet.. however if needed and you want to add the plate light, there are tons of LED's out on the web. One place I always check first is superbright led's.. they have a whole section for motorcycles and custom kits.

Motorcycle LED Lights | Super Bright LEDs

Reactions: YATTATTAK

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
On my Duc, I have a tidy tail with no plate light, however Instead I use 2 White LED bolts to attach to the plate. They are easy to install and give it a nice integrated look.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm waiting on the Graves kit... seems like a decent bit of gear and I like the look of it. Hopefully they'll be available soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered the tail kit from Graves a couple days ago. I spoke to them when I ordered it and the plan is to ship them in the next week or two.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I checked the status on my order with R&G Monday. They were waiting on one piece of the tail tidy before they shipped it out. They said that it should ship today. I will not know until I get it. I forgot to ask them the width of the plate bracket. The tidy will have a light to illuminate the plate, which is what I wanted to keep the police happy. I will take my grinder to it if it is too wide. I have used bolt lights in the past and have a backup set, but I hate having the wires exposed and to have to unplug the whole thing to get the plate off.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These companies need to get sht moving, the bike has been available for while already and this isn't an intricate engineered accessory.

The R&G looks to be the best design available so far but it's worthless if it is quadruple the size needed.

1 - 20 of 233 Posts