Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to install the graves fender eliminator, have panels off and mount disconnected, cant seem to figure out how to disconnect the wires to the turn signals, i yanked back on signal housing from rubber connections on plate holder (the part that causes signals to bounce when riding) and only see a little figure 8 metal clip with no wire connections.

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
there is a push button on the connector. You push it in and pull it apart. It might be underneath if I recall. Sometimes I use a small blade screwdriver to push it in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You need to remove the seat. the connectors are under it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Connections for the turn signals and license plate light are about 8 inches forward of the tail light. Right next to the very small under seat storage on the right. There are 4 wire connections that need to be disconnected.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Umm, the wire connections are up in the tail of the bike if I recall, not at the signal. The signal wires are quite long... Look near the tail light connections and the plate light connections.

Derp... The little "hpw to" paper that came with it screwed me all up, just took a step back and discarded that paper.
i appreciate everyone responding, very good community this is.

image.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts