Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Why do you have the preload on the left fork all the way in and on the right fork, its almost all the way out?
that's not really safe and it probably handles like crap.......

but nice price for the bike....:)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Why do you have the preload on the left fork all the way in and on the right fork, its almost all the way out?
that's not really safe and it probably handles like crap.......
The left fork is not adjustable.... I don't think it is anyway....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is all sorted out now... They have been even for a while. :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Reactions: Josh

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
....aaaaaand this is why I don't touch my own suspension View attachment 8293
Haha... me too. I was under the impression at first that the left leg adjusted pre-load, right leg adjusted dampening... like some old mountain bikes. EDVR pointed it out to me a while ago and I evened them out, it did make a big difference. I use the bike mostly in the city, so I'm not pushing anything to the bikes limits... so safety was never an issue.

I'm throwing two huge chicken-strips for free if anyone is interested in buying it! lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
View attachment 8281

View attachment 8282

View attachment 8283

I'm thinking about selling my FZ-09. I'm in Houston... so I'm putting a feeler out there. The bike is mostly stock, but does have the integrated tail light with signals, removed tail section, and added cheap tail tidy. It also has the Yamaha wind screen now. Other than that, I put some reflective tape on the forks and removed the stock reflectors. It has about 2400 miles on it. The oil was changed by the factory at 600 miles, and I did purchase the transferable $700 warranty.

I had an insurance "glitch" that is causing me a lot of problems and I'm having trouble getting reasonably priced insurance... so I think I'll take a break from riding for a while.

If anyone is in the area looking for one, message me. I'm going to see what I still owe on the bike before I decide on the sale price. I'll post that as soon as I find out.
Dairyland insurance! Geico quoted $3500/year, and I got Dairyland for $350.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Dairyland insurance! Geico quoted $3500/year, and I got Dairyland for $350.
I just switched to Dairyland... as long as all the paperwork goes though OK, I'll be in good shape. Geico wanted $4400 from me, no KIDDING... I had an unintentional lapse in coverage.

I lost my debit card and got a new one but didn't update my info with State Farm. I checked my snail mail after 3 months of neglect, and found all these notices that they were going to cancel me. They never emailed, texted, or called... I've never corresponded with them via mail before, only email... well, they dropped me, and I didn't even know I wasn't paying it. It was crazy, but since I have a lapse in coverage, all of them want a TON of money, I could literally just pay cash for a new bike every two years I paid Geico's rates. lol ... 15% or more my A$$. :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Josh: Too bad you aren't old like me. I got my insurance thru AARP (Foremost) for a much cheaper price than I could get from State Farm, and I have a truck, van, and house insured by SF. All the other companies that advertise MC insurance came up with a large premium on their websites. Unfortunately, with a speeding ticket on my record now, I expect an increase is in the cards.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Josh: Too bad you aren't old like me. I got my insurance thru AARP (Foremost) for a much cheaper price than I could get from State Farm, and I have a truck, van, and house insured by SF. All the other companies that advertise MC insurance came up with a large premium on their websites. Unfortunately, with a speeding ticket on my record now, I expect an increase is in the cards.
TICKET??? On the bike or in your car?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't understand State Farm sometimes. Unless I'm missing it, there's no way to set up automatic payments, and they insist on mailing me stuff. I only use them for renters insurance though.
It really was the dumbest thing I've ever had happen... if they would have given me a courtesy call or dropped me an email, I'd have given them the new card number. I assumed that all direct withdraws used the routing number and account number, I never would have thought to call and give them my debit card number. Oh well, I think I have it all sorted out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm not riding this bike nearly as much as I should be... I think I'm going to sell it... if anyone is looking for a graphite 2014 FZ-07 with around 3000 miles, let me know.

$7200 OBO.

-Josh

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$6700 w two helmets, XL jacket and size 12 mens boots.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, just seeing this post. It's still available, I'll pm you my contact info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts