Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Honestly I don't see a reason to turn off the white light with the turn signal on the FZ-09....

Unless you are getting this need for the behavior because you all see it on cars nowadays....
Remember that the white LED's on cars are surrounding or utilizing the same space of the turn signal, so they are in extremely close proximity or using a combined LED strip, which is why they disable them while the turn signal is on

This is not the case with the FZ-09, there is plenty of distance where the white LED would not be distracting from the turn signal or blur the turn signal light output.

Honestly Its not that big a deal to me, just one mans opinion....

Carry on

·
Registered
432 Posts
on the other hand warpdrv, I have a very bright LED headlight bulb, and 2 extremely bright led's in the headlight surround. As is, they blind out my normal turn signals.

·
Registered
429 Posts
on the other hand warpdrv, I have a very bright LED headlight bulb, and 2 extremely bright led's in the headlight surround. As is, they blind out my normal turn signals.
That honestly sounds like a safety concern when no-one can see your turn signals.... :(

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
When putting signals in the faux ram intakes this would make reason to have this function. You can't see the signal if the white led's stay on. Here it is guys. I am making some more and will have them ready shortly. If you would like to order you can PM or email to get your hands on it first. The delay for the white to come back on is programmable. You can make it 1-10000000 sec delay. I also have and will sell these amber and white led's if you would like to install the same way.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Working on the switchback modules. I will have these ready to go by the end of the week. When ordering these I can program them to delay that you would like that way it's easier to use when you get them. Also working on a plug n play option.

Thanks for the interest in these. T

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Switchback modules white and amber led's for the faux intakes are in stock ready to ship. This will work on many applications not just your motorcycle.

Switchback modules

·
Registered
635 Posts
Switchback modules white and amber led's for the faux intakes are in stock ready to ship. This will work on many applications not just your motorcycle.

Switchback modules

What would be the cost for a splitter to be made for the front turn signal wire but only need one end of the split side to have a OEM plug (so two OEM connectors total vice three) or is there an option to buy a kit that is plug and play for the FZ09?

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What would be the cost for a splitter to be made for the front turn signal wire but only need one end of the split side to have a OEM plug (so two OEM connectors total vice three) or is there an option to buy a kit that is plug and play for the FZ09?
I am working on a PNP version or as close to PNP as I can get. I will post up price and results soon. T

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here is a plug n play replacement for running/signals.

Adding the opposite plug to this as well it can be used in conjunction with your existing signals. I will add these plug n play options to the site.

Install is easy, just drill your 4 holes, route the wires through and bolt in place the led's. Connect the leads to the switchback module and plug it in or wire in if you don't want the plug n play. 3 wires to connect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you show me where you are drilling the four holes? Thanks. The video made it look like the leds are inside the scoops. I cant wait to get these on.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Can you show me where you are drilling the four holes? Thanks. The video made it look like the leds are inside the scoops. I cant wait to get these on.

I did not take a picture when I put the holes in place. Remove your fairings where the mesh cover is and you will see the plastic faux right behind the mesh. This is where the holes are we installed. We have also replaced the mesh with ABS led holders and the lights can be installed on the surface like this. "NOTE" these are different led's than what we have on the site for sale. They are brighter and also cost more. If you would like these please contact us prior to ordering. This is just showing an alternative led lighting. IMG_9040.jpg IMG_9058.jpg

21 - 37 of 37 Posts