Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what you thought of this? We have some really bright white/amber led's that can be installed in the faux intakes and we are considering making a board that will make the running lights function for the white led's and they will turn off when the amber led's "signal" is activated on that side of the bike. Something like this except the white will remain off till the signal is cancelled. Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
635 Posts
That would be great. Would they just be drop in ( ie we would have to cut and find mounting points) or on a board the was a replacement for the faux screen? I like the idea of the dual white (running) and amber(turn) mashup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering what you thought of this? We have some really bright white/amber led's that can be installed in the faux intakes and we are considering making a board that will make the running lights function for the white led's and they will turn off when the amber led's "signal" is activated on that side of the bike. Something like this except the white will remain off till the signal is cancelled. Let me know what you think?

Yes please.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great. Would they just be drop in ( ie we would have to cut and find mounting points) or on a board the was a replacement for the faux screen? I like the idea of the dual white (running) and amber(turn) mashup.
We have led's that can be used. You can drill in behind the factory mesh and install there or get replacement abs pieces that we also have and they will already be installed or you can get them clean and install yourself. The board is the tricky part and hoping to have something ready for market soon.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I like the thought, but personally think the white LEDs should stay off the entire time the turn signal is activated as opposed to "alternating". Similar to the "wink" feature of the newer cars.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Reread the first post...that is what he is going to do !
Hahaha... my bad I watched the video and shut the brain off. good call :p. I might be in, anyone have a link to pics from the front with the LEDs in the scoops?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd be interested as well. I don't like the stock signals, but everything aftermarket seems too small to be obvious to other people.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Interested, my replacement turn signal lights are to small in my opinion.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's all ready to go!!!!! I will get a video of this working and install on local customers bike to show you what we have. We also have high powered led's available for those that want to install in your faux ram intakes to give you white running lights and amber signals where the running lights cancel out while the amber signals are flashing giving you the best visibility.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We will have the led's available to purchase and the controller available to purchase separate/together so if you want just amber led's you can add these without the controller or you can have the white running and the amber.

·
Vendor
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Video shows that you can have white running lights and they will be turned off when you signal to give you more visibility when riding and when signaling. Then turn back on after the signal has been turned off. Available to order now before being added to the website. [email protected]

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing this installed on a motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts