Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shipped my seat off to Eddie Barrett 3 weeks ago. I finally got confirmation that the seat was finished and shipped on Tuesday. He provided me with a tracking number that was not found.

I called FedEx and they can't locate the tracking # or acknowledge anything shipping to my address.

Eddie was going to follow up with FedEx tomorrow but I'm not sure what can be done. It's only been a few days but it only took a day to ship up there - just wondering if anyone has had this issue with a bum tracking number?

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Damn.

Maybe a number/letter out on what Eddie Barrett has written down or given you?

I have had this before. Turned out that the seller wrote down a number 8 instead of the letter B. Product turned up in the time that I was trying to figure out what was going on so all good anyway.

I would give it a few days to see if it actually turns up. If still nothing:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Beck, is it possible Eddie mistakenly gave you an incorrect tracking number? It would seem if FedEx picked it up from Eddie, they would have a record of the date and time it was picked up along with the tracking number they hand scan at the time the tag is issued. FedEx CS should be talking to the driver as most businesses have the same driver for that particular route. If Eddie routinely uses FedEx to ship his products, he might have better luck than you found. If it was me, I'd be worried(and irritated) if there's no word by tomorrow. I feel for ya, my friend-best of luck...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty pissed how long its been but there's not much I can do about it. First I was told 2 to 3 days. That turned into 2 weeks. It was supposed to ship last Friday then Monday then finally Tuesday. After emailing and calling I finally got a tracking number and an email that said "sorry we've been unexpectedly busy". I suppose I can sympathize with that - i believe it's a small shop but come on.

He said if it didn't show up by tomorrow he'd call. FedEx couldn't find anything in their system shipping to my address and couldn't look up shipments coming from his shop so I guess all I can do now is wait to see if Eddie is actually responsive come tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Possibility #2: did Eddie have your address correct on the shipping label? I'd be super pissed after the extended wait as well. Under-promise and over-deliver are the tenets of a successful business, and hopefully if it never shows up, Eddie will do the right thing and replace it for you.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I'm pretty pissed how long its been but there's not much I can do about it. First I was told 2 to 3 days. That turned into 2 weeks. It was supposed to ship last Friday then Monday then finally Tuesday. After emailing and calling I finally got a tracking number and an email that said "sorry we've been unexpectedly busy". I suppose I can sympathize with that - i believe it's a small shop but come on.

He said if it didn't show up by tomorrow he'd call. FedEx couldn't find anything in their system shipping to my address and couldn't look up shipments coming from his shop so I guess all I can do now is wait to see if Eddie is actually responsive come tomorrow.

My guess is he lied. Seat will REALLY be done in a few days and he will e-mail you and say.....Oh Dude...so sorry for the mixup. Your seat was returned and we are shipping it to you today.

USPS and Fed Ex don't lose packages.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My guess is he lied. Seat will REALLY be done in a few days and he will e-mail you and say.....Oh Dude...so sorry for the mixup. Your seat was returned and we are shipping it to you today.
That could be it too, but I emailed him today to say if he didn't ship it I'll just drive the 2.5 hrs to pick it up on Saturday and he said it left already.

I guess we'll see, if I lose another weekend riding so be it but at some point it would be nice to ride again :)

·
Registered
555 Posts

USPS and Fed Ex don't lose packages.
This is exactly what happened to me with Infinite Performance. 2 months to get my parts nearly from date of order. 1 radiator guard and 2 carbon fibre intake pieces. That was all.

He said it was posted 2 weeks after the order was made, as the items had to be manufactured. Fair enough, I dont mind waiting for my parts to be made. But it wasnt the case at all. I got the package nearly 4 weeks after he sent me an email saying "Shipped today!!!" Effing liar. I know he lied as it had the date it was scanned upon drop off to the post office written on the postage label.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well CD599 it looks like you were right. FedEx finally scanned this in and the tracking number is working. Looks like it was sent for shipping Thursday vs Tuesday.

Good news is estimated delivery date is today so hopefully that follows through!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hopefully you're happy with the seat, and after all the pain in the ass you have no more pains in the ass!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the grand scheme of things to complain about this wasn't a big deal, I was really more pissed that my damn seat would have been lost!

I'm stoked to get it for the weekend and test it out, supposed to be beautiful here!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I'm really pissed now on day 19 FedEx has now acknowledged that a tag was created and but no package was sent to their facility. Call and email to Eddie Barrett have gone unanswered. I have no idea what I can do at this point.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Well I'm really pissed now on day 19 FedEx has now acknowledged that a tag was created and but no package was sent to their facility. Call and email to Eddie Barrett have gone unanswered. I have no idea what I can do at this point.

The seat maker created that shipping tag....not Fed Ex. Same thing happens when a company scans a label and it is picked up on line by USPS. Everybody believes that the company shipped it on that date...but it isn't true. It isn't shipped at all until USPS or Fed Ex actually picks up the package and scans it.
It's 200 miles to drive. Go over there and demand your seat back......and then explain to him that you don't appreciate being lied to and will tell everybody you can about his bullshit business practices.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm afraid you're gonna have to start getting scared... immediately!

LOL

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
THAT is very interesting indeed, an 'F' rating and 5 previous complaints basically all related to CS and shipping would seem to indicate they don't give a crap about their customers. If Beck can take any consolation in his jacked up situation, it's that Eddie Barrett will not be getting any further referrals or business from any member of this forum. Negative word of mouth is detrimental to any small business, and this guy just fugged himself. Beck-I hope this works out in your favor, my friend-best of luck and sorry for your down time...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I PM'd Beck yesterday and offered him my OEM seat... offer still stands.

Sucks all 'round.

If you do some further reading it seems that this guy has changed the name of his business once already... in an effort to distance himself from a pile of complaints... super shady...

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I PM'd Beck yesterday and offered him my OEM seat... offer still stands.

Sucks all 'round.

If you do some further reading it seems that this guy has changed the name of his business once already... in an effort to distance himself from a pile of complaints... super shady...
There are a lot of "craftsman" type...older guys that are really good at what they do....but suck big time at doing business. They work when they want to work...and that's it.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Lucky devil - really appreciate the offer - i dont want to drop some coin on a stocker just yet as I think there is still hope my seat is somewhere. i got an email back from him. Apparently he said he dropped it off when he said he did but it's somehow missing within FedEx. Meanwhile FedEx is telling me they never received anything so apparently Eddie is filing a report with them but said the item usually shows up before they respond to the report. Apparently same thing happened this week with a pair of car seats.

No time frame so I'm not sure if that means a day or a month.

If it's really lost I'm not sure how I get my money back - i sunk 350 into the seat plus shipping and whatever the value of my stock seat is.

I guess we'll see.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.