Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, one of the rides that Peggy and I like to take every year, sometime in the month of October is a trip across the Cherohala skyway. For those of you not familiar with the road, it runs from Tellico Plains, TN across the mountains (roughly 50 miles) all the way to Robbinsville, N.C. Once you get on the skyway, there is nothing up there except thousands and thousands of acres of National Forest with a few primitive rest rooms, some picnic tables and some pull offs for viewing the awesome sights. The peak of the road is at approx. 5300 ft. elevation and most of the time, if the fall colors are vivid and bright, say at the 2000 to 3000 ft elevation, the very top is already past peak foliage time. Here are a couple of pics from todays ride, taken by Peggy while riding on the back of the ST1300 as we are moving....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Man I really miss seeing those views. The Blueridge Parkway and Mt Pisgah/ Mt Mitchel in the fall are spectacular as well. If you are able to make the hike off of the parkway I suggest Devils Courthouse truly breath taking. I HAVE to get back down there soon. Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Very nice, leaves gone here , but riding in the heat wave , 50s to 60s , the wing is getting use . Hope to roll it to 110,000 before im done . Got it with 800 miles on it

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Beautiful just beautiful. Makes me wanna slap my moma. Seriously though, I have got to get the hell outa Hispanlorida, like meow.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Triplethreat, thinking of adding an St13300 to the stable, any must know issues? Quirks? PM if you want to keep the thread clean. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Triplethreat, thinking of adding an St13300 to the stable, any must know issues? Quirks? PM if you want to keep the thread clean. Thanks!
Sent you a PM.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts