Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of pieces of bent aluminum sheet that I want to finish with something other than a solid color. The largest is 16 x 7 inches if it was flat, along one curved edge I’ll need to bring the wrap over the edge and part way down the other side. I think fake carbon fiber wrap will best cover my fabrication sins.

What should I buy, and do you have tips? Please include links to products etc. This is what I’ve found on Amazon that seems like it’ll be what I want.
http://www.amazon.com/Chizler-Hand-Vinyl-Wraps-Decals/dp/B0065LTR98
Amazon.com: Black Metro 3D Flexible Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Film 48"x12": Automotive

Also, I'm not sure what to do about the edges, the aluminum is 1/16 inch thick, jig saw cut and then somewhat smoothed. Just wrap with the vinyl? A layer or more of masking tape along the edge under the vinyl?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It is not easy. Have fun! Yeah ebay is the best place to buy it. Go with 3m as said above.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would go with the 3M DiNoc if I were to go with faux carbon fiber.. I actually wrapped my ps3 console and controllers with the stuff.. You shouldn't have any issues with the pieces your working with, you'll just need a little heat if you have to curve it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts