Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer called me yesterday and told me my parts were already in. So here is a quick idea for how the mount for the rest of you. They are almost a complete ripoff of blaze saddle bags(which I had on my zx10 and are the bags I will use). Biggest plus to this system is your bags don't sway around on you. I have taken many trips on my zx10 and this was a must have for the 09. Only drawback is the bags do touch the turn signals with the graves fender eliminator.

The mounting kit runs $119.99 and you receive this.
Auto part Automotive engine part

They also sell the bags that are $274.99.....However my blaze saddle bags are identical.

So you attach the brackets to the same mount as the passenger pegs.
Vehicle Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Product Exhaust system

Then slide the polls in.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Automotive exhaust

Slide your bags over(blaze saddle bags actually have a press lock that attaches via strap to the bag)
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Auto part Tire

From there pack up and get the hell out of town!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
659 Posts
Looks great!

You mention that they look like a Rip-off of the Blaze System; Are these not manufactured by Bags Connection (SW Motech, The makers of the Blaze bags) and sold under Yamaha?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Those look great. Perhaps a commuter bike yet? I really like it when an "add on" doesn't look like an "add on." Those bags look like then belong on the FZ. Nice job.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I have been looking for removable bags that look/work right, I NEED!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is great! I have been looking at these too.
Did they give new bolts to replace the ones that you had to take off from the footpeg brackets? Do you know the size for those?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Was going to ask for part numbers and a link but thought I'd share that after looking a bit ...

From this link, once you select Year and Model, then under the Specs dropdown you can choose between Bags or Mounts. The page only give option for a Wish List so it looks like a "call the dealer" item.

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessori...z-09-soft-saddlebags?b=Street+Motorcycle&d=28

Bags $274.99 1RC-F84H0-V0-00
Mounts $119.99 1RC-F84G0-V0-00

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great!

You mention that they look like a Rip-off of the Blaze System; Are these not manufactured by Bags Connection (SW Motech, The makers of the Blaze bags) and sold under Yamaha?
I am not sure if they are or not. I would not be surprised if they were made by sw motech. I actually used the sw motech clips that attach to the brackets from my zx10's kit.

Thanks for the pictures and info. I just ordered the kit :)
Edit: It looks great BTW!
Thanks, if my girlfriend was not coming back from las cruces tomorrow I might have been breaking them in today.

This is great! I have been looking at these too.
Did they give new bolts to replace the ones that you had to take off from the footpeg brackets? Do you know the size for those?
Yes they do come with new bolts for the footpegs.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That is a nice setup for soft bags. A little pricey IMHO

I noticed the brackets allow the rods to be removed but still leave the bulky mechanism on the foot rests. Price wise not bad for all that hardware but when you add the bag cost it is like 395.00 so that sure makes me happy with my 75.00 investment in my new Cortech bags (granted a little smaller but they do expand wider too). Just saying you can find alternatives and have a solid setup if you are on a budget. I have about 1200 miles on this setup.

This is an older picture but after getting in on the Seat Concepts buy I figured how to get both straps under the seat which looks much better now

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: marthy and Travis

·
Registered
730 Posts
poLEs.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is a nice setup for soft bags. A little pricey IMHO

I noticed the brackets allow the rods to be removed but still leave the bulky mechanism on the foot rests. Price wise not bad for all that hardware but when you add the bag cost it is like 395.00 so that sure makes me happy with my 75.00 investment in my new Cortech bags (granted a little smaller but they do expand wider too). Just saying you can find alternatives and have a solid setup if you are on a budget. I have about 1200 miles on this setup.

This is an older picture but after getting in on the Seat Concepts buy I figured how to get both straps under the seat which looks much better now

View attachment 2813
Is that the Cortech 2.0 bag? And how did you manage to get the straps under the seat?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Drifter, I got my kit, but didn't bother opening since I was waiting on the bags. My brackets are not the same as yours and I've misplaced the instructions :-/ Mine look as if they mount over the top of the peg mounts. I compared the part number on the box to the one posted in this thread and it matches.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Worth noting for riders on the fence I believe Givi will soon have available model specific
Sidetracks that can handle soft or hard luggage.
They have been running in the $170 range

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Worth noting for riders on the fence I believe Givi will soon have available model specific
Sidetracks that can handle soft or hard luggage.
They have been running in the $170 range
They already do. But their brackets are pretty conspicuous and dont hide away as these.
The Krauser ones seem to work with the OEM tail rack but again, I think they stick out too much.
I am glad the aftermarket is growing rapidly!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts