Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks:

Well just got a call from the dealer and my factory windscreen came in! I'm going to go get it and install this morning. I'll let you all know how it goes! Last week they told me it wouldn't be in until March. Maybe yamaha is hearing our complaints after all.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would have gone for this if they made it in light smoke vs dark smoke... i ended up ordering the ermax sport 25cm light smoke one, about the same price... $110 + shipping.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's installed. I like the way it looks but my guess is it will be about as effective at screening the rider as a skull cap helmet is at protecting your head! I may shim up the brackets like I've seen our euro friends do. Test ride comin' up.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
It definitely improves the look! I wish they just put it on there stock.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The overall shape is the best I have seen out of the available windscreens options, shame they do not have an additional model that is slightly taller. Waiting to see what Puig and Zero Gravity come up with, they normally both produce top notch products.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't understand the raised section along the sides.... half of the point of the thing is to hide all of the wiring and cables coming off of the handlebars and instrument cluster... and raising a portion of either side just serves as a window to all that crap.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The overall shape is the best I have seen out of the available windscreens options, shame they do not have an additional model that is slightly taller. Waiting to see what Puig and Zero Gravity come up with, they normally both produce top notch products.
Perhaps I missed a thread or two here, but has anyone seen/ purchased the MRA double bubble from twisted throttle? This one isn't really large but bigger than the factory screen. It looks good in the advertisement ad and it should provide better wind protection.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I was the first one in line to purchase the MRA touring screen from TT, but they have not shipped them to the states yet. I may end up getting it reshaped some before I mount it.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I don't understand the raised section along the sides.... half of the point of the thing is to hide all of the wiring and cables coming off of the handlebars and instrument cluster... and raising a portion of either side just serves as a window to all that crap.
I am going to make a rubber boot to go around the wires. More will be revealed later.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So I just rode it and I'm actually impressed with how well it works. I was able to get it up to about 90mph on my closed course. The wind blast is greatly reduced or eliminated from my chest on down and is improved at the shoulders and the same at my helmet. I'm 6'1" when not slouching! ;). I was able to scooch back on my new comfy seat and tuck into the wind protection pretty effectively. I'm going to get some longer hardware and some spacers and try raising this thing up 1/2-3/4" and see how that does. Just for the record it's super windy here today so I was getting blown all over place so I hope this report is accurate. If I change my opinion once the wind stop blowing so hard ill post up. I bet the slightly bigger screens are going to be great.

Daniel

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was the first one in line to purchase the MRA touring screen from TT, but they have not shipped them to the states yet. I may end up getting it reshaped some before I mount it.
I also orderd this one cause great minds think alike. Right Doug?

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
So I just rode it and I'm actually impressed with how well it works. I was able to get it up to about 90mph on my closed course. The wind blast is greatly reduced or eliminated from my chest on down and is improved at the shoulders and the same at my helmet.
good to hear that. i have the european mt-09 light smoke screen on order (didn't like the gloss black of the u.s. version), but it's the same size and shape.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey folks:

Well just got a call from the dealer and my factory windscreen came in! I'm going to go get it and install this morning. I'll let you all know how it goes! Last week they told me it wouldn't be in until March. Maybe yamaha is hearing our complaints after all.

Daniel

Just got my call yesterday too..cant wait to pick that thing up. Did you do the zx6 rear shock mod yet that i saw from the other thread?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I did. It's a big improvement. I bought another shock today that is the zx6rr shock so I'll be doing it again next weekend and will have a zx6 shock for sale that's ready to bolt in. :)

Daniel

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes I did. It's a big improvement. I bought another shock today that is the zx6rr shock so I'll be doing it again next weekend and will have a zx6 shock for sale that's ready to bolt in. :)

Daniel

Nice....can you post up a few pics of the zx6 shock setup or email them to me? It'd be highly appreciated my 636 shock should be here next week. Thanks man.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts