Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 XSR900 and I am considering getting the yoshimura R77 full exhaust but will it cause problems with the factory quickshifter?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no issues, the two things have nothing to do with each other
I see, If I were to buy another exhaust such as the termignoni, I would have to get it tuned obviously, but will the tune automatically work with the quick shifter timing or is that separate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Purveyor of Neat Toys
99 Posts
Completely different function.

Reactions: Ron H

·
Vendor
1,283 Posts
I see, If I were to buy another exhaust such as the termignoni, I would have to get it tuned obviously, but will the tune automatically work with the quick shifter timing or is that separate?

totally separate the two or completely unrelated

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
totally separate the two or completely unrelated
Ah okay Ive always heard you have to get bikes tuned for quickshifters, assumed changes in fueling would mess with the quickshifters timing but I dont have to much knowledge on how they work.

·
Purveyor of Neat Toys
99 Posts
You don't 'tune' a bike for a quickshifter, but some flashes include a QS function as part of the programming. Some newer bikes come with the QS function already built into the stock ECU. You can also use an external controller, whether a function-specific device like a HealTech or (ahem) a TTR, or you can use something like a Power Commander V.

·
Vendor
1,283 Posts
Ah okay Ive always heard you have to get bikes tuned for quickshifters, assumed changes in fueling would mess with the quickshifters timing but I dont have to much knowledge on how they work.

anyone that told you that never believe anything they say again, lol

if that was true the factory quick shifter that is not adjustable would be worthless with anything but the stock exhaust.

Unless your changing the internal gears of the transmission the kill times of a quick shifter rarely need to be changed once set up

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone that told you that never believe anything they say again, lol

if that was true the factory quick shifter that is not adjustable would be worthless with anything but the stock exhaust.

Unless your changing the internal gears of the transmission the kill times of a quick shifter rarely need to be changed once set up
Very informational thanks haha. Think ima order that quick shifter the, it’s been my dream to have one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts