Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the Fabbri touring screen installed for a few weeks now. I must say I am quite pleased with the look and function of it. I read about a speed wobble another forum member experienced with the touring version at higher speeds. I was a little worried about that but I already had the screen on order from PJ's Parts. After putting several hundred kilometres on with the screen and reaching speeds up to about 185 km/h I have yet to experience the wobble and have less wind blast on my chest. The looks of the bike are really complimented with this screen too imo. I thought I would post a few pictures from different angles to give you guys a better Idea of how it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does this screen direct wind flow over helmet or just reduce chest pressure? Id like to find one for longer road trips that flow wind over helmet.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Mr. Wobble here. Screen looks sharp in the matte finish.

In the end I was able to reproduce the wobble without the screen on, so I don't fault it completely. Also it is not a matter of speed but of acceleration, and resulting weigh transfer etc that triggers it for me, and my settings. A tuck seems to cure it.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mr. Wobble here. Screen looks sharp in the matte finish.

In the end I was able to reproduce the wobble without the screen on, so I don't fault it completely. Also it is not a matter of speed but of acceleration, and resulting weigh transfer etc that triggers it for me, and my settings. A tuck seems to cure it.
I was out again yesterday, and it was very very windy. I did some high speed stints with the crosswind and it was fine this time. I was sitting more forward, tucked, squeezing the tank, and had dropped the front ride height by 3mm.

Sorry for the momentary hijack. The bike looks good Vmax :thumbsup:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm having a hell of a time installing the Fabbri touring screen on my fz. The lower bracket which installs over the lower two bolts went on easy. However, I'm not sure how to mount the screen to the upper brackets. Instructions are in Italian and I cant seem to figure out where the rubber wells get placed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having a hell of a time installing the Fabbri touring screen on my fz. The lower bracket which installs over the lower two bolts went on easy. However, I'm not sure how to mount the screen to the upper brackets. Instructions are in Italian and I cant seem to figure out where the rubber wells get placed.
I've got pics to help with the install if you need them, just PM me your e-mail address. The rubber well nuts go through the holes in the mounts with the larger "flange" shapes part on top and the nut behind the mount.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Question about the screen install. I got mine on, but I'm wondering how hard people cranked down on the bolts that go through the screen and into the rubber flange? Just enough to bulge the flange, or until the nut is almost in the back of the screen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question about the screen install. I got mine on, but I'm wondering how hard people cranked down on the bolts that go through the screen and into the rubber flange? Just enough to bulge the flange, or until the nut is almost in the back of the screen?
You don't need to bottom them out all the way. Just tighten the bolts until they are flush with the bottom of the well nut. That should do the trick. You can use a little blue loctite on the bolts if you want to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cool, I was just imagining over tightening would be bad for the rubber (too much crushing maybe lead to it ripping or something). Not worried about it coming undone.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the rubber flanges on mine are bulged.

·
Registered
142 Posts
mine are bulged quite a bit. and a year later, there doesn't seem to be any degradation in the rubber

1 - 14 of 14 Posts