Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put this on today, so I thought I'd post the instructions as they were not clear. Hopefully this will come in useful for someone.

1. Firstly remove the lower two bolts from the four above the headlight.

1.jpg

2. Next undo the two side bolts, above the four front bolts, one on each side. Assemble the two small brackets with the washer between the bracket and the bike, and screw lightly back in. Do the same on both sides.

2.jpg 3.jpg

3. Then take the larger bracket and assemble it with the longer bolts, black plastic washers at the rear, expanding washers between the nut and the bracket.

4.jpg

4. Attach this bracket to the same holes that you took the lower bolts out of in step 1. Tighten these up. Then tighten up the side brackets enough so that you can raise them into position.

5.jpg

cont' below...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
5. Feed the rubber well nuts through from the top of each hole. I'd never used this type of nut before so these were a mystery to me.

6.jpg

6. Attach the black bolts through the screen to these. The expanding washer goes between the screen and the bolt head. You may need to push on the well nut to get the thread to catch. Then tighten these until they squish up. Now that the screen is in place, you can finally tighten the two side bolts.

7.jpg 8.jpg

7. Bish bash bosh, you're done!

9.jpg

10.jpg

:grin:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Nice presentation, I have the Fabbri Touring Screen, piece of pie.

Ride Safe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So glad you posted this. Wasn't totally correct, but the sheet that came with with windscreen was useless. I don't think I could have done any better starting from scratch...

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think these are about the nicest looking ones. Mine is larger than yours judging by the photo. If I recall correctly 22 inches??? Helps with the wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts