Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold!

Just as the title states, Near new condition Saddleman Track Carbon Fiber seat. Unfortunately for me, the seat is softer than my preferred style of saddle (Which is really too bad, I find this to be the best looking seat available for the bike without going custom). We now have the Corbin and thought this could go on to the next lucky owner.

Details:
•The seat’s vinyl cover panels and center-strip cover have carbon fiber-look finish.
•The TRACK-CF’s styling is perfect for matching the seat to motorcycles equipped with other performance accessories.
•More comfortable than any stock seat on the market, but there’s no question it’s a custom, hand built seat designed to match the characteristics of your specific motorcycle
•Driver’s seat height mimics the original seat, but with a wider rear saddle section for comfort plus a specially shaped nose that helps the rider’s feet touch the ground better at stops
•The pitch of the seat’s foam is revised to eliminate the rider from being forced into the fuel tank while riding
•Slightly bucketed in the rear section to contour to the rider’s body for better control during aggressive riding
•Easy to install, bolts to your bike just like the stock seat
•Refined design prevents moisture pooling in the center GEL channel

-Approximately 500 miles of total use.
-Factory MSRP: $420.00

Asking $335 o.b.o + Shipping

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me at any time if you have questions or would like a shipping estimate.

Thank you for looking!

Scott
[email protected]

[/Photos:U]

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree I think the saddlemans looks the best of all the aftermarket seats, but I heard gel can get really warm when left in the sun, is that true for this seat?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree I think the saddlemans looks the best of all the aftermarket seats, but I heard gel can get really warm when left in the sun, is that true for this seat?

Honestly, I never noticed it being any hotter than any of the other seats I've had for this bike (Stock, Corbin, and Yamaha Comfort). No more so than a black price of vinyl in the hot sun anyway :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks, Let me think about it for a bit, been waiting for a Corbin to show up but prefer this look

·
Registered
990 Posts
Why? What's wrong with the Corbin?
It's a terrific seat, in a league of its own... but a skinny guy so I need to keep looking for the right seat for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
ride yer baby out to vegas and I might just swap you mine, It's the saddleman, but my hamstrings and my bony arse still is sore after an hour or so. (much better then stock, but not perfect for me)

·
Registered
55 Posts
wait i'm a skinny guy whats wrong with the corbin seat? i thought that was the one most ppl recommend even the OP switched to a corbin

·
Registered
990 Posts
wait i'm a skinny guy whats wrong with the corbin seat? i thought that was the one most ppl recommend even the OP switched to a corbin
Here's my opinion... and I guess I'm a little picky.

Corbin seat is great, but it's also a little bit like a car seat, and it has a perfect shape for someone that's 6'+ and 200-220lbs (I'm guessing here).

For me, I'm 5-11 and 175lbs, it works fine, but I would probably want to get it reupholstered for more of a custom fit, because of the type of seat it is. It has a firm but very comfortable seating surface, that's perhaps an inch to inch and a half too far back to the rise, so I slide back and forth a little bit. Not a lot, and it's miles ahead of the stock seat by all means, but not perfect.

It's difficult to make these seats to fit everyone, so it fits the average guy or slightly larger than average perfectly, and if you're skinnier than it's comfortable but you move around in the seat more. This is the type of seat you can ride in for days at a time if it fits you perfect. Also, the way the seat is shaped, it's a little wide for me if I want to ride aggressive. I guess this could be fixed also... which I'm considering, as the seat base is so much better than stock. Really can't fault the seat, it's so nice, but my quest to find the right seat continues.

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks, i'm even lighter than you at 5'10 and 150lbs, with my bony butt the stock seat has to go, but it's really hard to choose which seat to buy without being able to sit on them to test first, and $500 is a pretty big investment...

·
Registered
990 Posts
thanks, i'm even lighter than you at 5'10 and 150lbs, with my bony butt the stock seat has to go, but it's really hard to choose which seat to buy without being able to sit on them to test first, and $500 is a pretty big investment...
Find some other opinions in the Corbin thread.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts