Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Bought these for winter riding and turns out my Scorpion Gauntlets are functional with fleece inserts so - no need for these now:

I wore them on one ride - these have not even been on my hands long enough to be broken in. Fit is great, even has a little squeegy on the index finger for wiping away your tears of joy or bug guts. If you know anything above gloves - you know Helds rep..

They are a size 9L - i'm usually a large in most gloves but then 9 regular felt a bit tight to me so i went with the 9L and they fit very well. The are made from high quality kangaroo leather and are waterproof. They are not insulated but kept my hands warm in 45-50 degree F temps without fleece inserts or warmers.

Asking $90 - includes shipping to lower 48 - paypal friend/family only accepted.

Held Steve Classic Gloves - RevZilla

Held SizeEstimated Men's Size
6 — 6 1/2XS
7 — 7 1/2SM
8 — 8 1/2MD
9 — 9 1/2LG
10 XL
11 2XL
12 3XL

PM if you're interested - Shipping location is North Central Jersey - thanks for looking.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Monday bump

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
arg, got excited when i saw the pics but I'm looking something dedicated for those cold cold days.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
arg, got excited when i saw the pics but I'm looking something dedicated for those cold cold days.
I only took these out for 1 day but during that day - temps ranged from about 42F when i started in the morning to just below 55F.

They were comfortable in that temperature range (42F was not toasty but my hands weren't numb) - I have a pair of freezeout glove liners i picked up from cyclegear(?).

The gloves were a bit tight with liners in them but my fingers could still move - if i actually broke these in - I'd assume they'd fit fine but i didnt want to wear them much given i was planning on selling. I'd say with glove liners in you could go colder but maybe by a few degrees more.

If you're looking sub 40F - you'd need a pretty bulky set to keep your hands warm - or some combo of heated grips/bark busters and these. My experience with bulky gloves haven't been that good - the loss of dexterity really impacts how you can ride and at that point for me anyway - it's not fun.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a relatively short ride to work in the morning so I still get out in the mid/high 30s if there is no precipitation. From my experience (relatively new rider) it's the air flow that sucks the heat right out, so I'm trying to keep an eye out for something like that.

And I agree about the dexterity. My first pair was a bit too small for my hands and so they were overly tight and hard to stretch the fingers all the way out. Really killed the mojo.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a relatively short ride to work in the morning so I still get out in the mid/high 30s if there is no precipitation. From my experience (relatively new rider) it's the air flow that sucks the heat right out, so I'm trying to keep an eye out for something like that.

And I agree about the dexterity. My first pair was a bit too small for my hands and so they were overly tight and hard to stretch the fingers all the way out. Really killed the mojo.
yeah, these would not cover you in that type of riding - i did stumble across these however - maybe that would work - they go over your existing gloves

Aerostich Triple Digit Covers - Wind Blocking Gear - Clothing :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump - these have just been sitting in my house unused - looking for a home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Beck! Are the Held Steve Classics still available? I'm looking for some comfortable / protective gloves, and my current pair are too tight. I think this size may fit me; I was looking at a size 9 or 9.5, and I do have longer fingers.

Please let me know,
Thank you, Randy

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
these are right up your alley then Randy - i sent you PM.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a pair of these (thank you Santa!) and I can report that they're very nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts