Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not for $165.00 ! Not that hard to do anyway IMHO.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
i think the price is about right considering Extreme Creations is one bloke in brookvale with a $100,000+ CNC machine to pay off.

$165 is alot for a hinge, but it's not a galvanised steel gate hinge from Bunning Warehouse, is it? its a CNC billet hinge.

For the US guys, it's $130US - what would that get you in rizoma parts?
I've been getting work done by Ben for 15 years or so, so i may be slightly biased. He made me a set of carbon fibre centres for my front discs to match the pattern on my carozzerria wheels once (amongst other things), 23 layers of hand pressed carbon from memory. He knows his shit.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Price may be a bit high, I would sweeten the deal by throwing in a quick release connector for the fuel line. The OEM is a pain in the a!

·
Registered
654 Posts
not a mod for the near future, but that turbo kit would be insane.....horsepower up to 190 and more importantly torque up to 110

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Well I like the hinge ... But going out and looking at my bike and the way I have the handle bars I would not be able to swing up the tank with out moving with the handle bars...that would be more of a pain than the way you have to do it in stock form

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Well I like the hinge ... But going out and looking at my bike and the way I have the handle bars I would not be able to swing up the tank with out moving with the handle bars...that would be more of a pain than the way you have to do it in stock form
ive got a custom set of BXP (ex creations) 75mm risers on my vfr which has a tank hinge from the factory. It requires some careful maneuvering to angle it past my bars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think the price is about right considering Extreme Creations is one bloke in brookvale with a $100,000+ CNC machine to pay off.

$165 is alot for a hinge, but it's not a galvanised steel gate hinge from Bunning Warehouse, is it? its a CNC billet hinge.

For the US guys, it's $130US - what would that get you in rizoma parts?
I've been getting work done by Ben for 15 years or so, so i may be slightly biased. He made me a set of carbon fibre centres for my front discs to match the pattern on my carozzerria wheels once (amongst other things), 23 layers of hand pressed carbon from memory. He knows his shit.
I completely agree, Keef. That level of expertise, equipment and such a small batch kind of part, will be expensive. If you want a one off part drawn up on CAD and milled on a CNC machine... it costs well more than $160. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts