Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to ask for some feedback. What do you guys think of this extended hugger I got fabricated. I think the lines flow and it looks good but what's your opinion?

It's now 33cm long from the base the tip measures on the outside of the hugger.

Please give me some feedback.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The photos are pn dropbox and pretty large. If you give it a little time hopefully. It'll come down.

I'll try to get photos of it on the bike ASAP.

·
Registered
610 Posts
How much does it cost??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Part itself look good, now we need to see it on the bike, in CF with matte clearcoat please :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
yea would like to see it on the bike. Anyone have any comments on the functionality of these? They do much to keep water from flinging up?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I dig the fact that it's a one piece vs. An add-on like the pyramid plastics version. Def. interested in seeing pics of it on the bike.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I had to put some door weather stripping on the factory one to keep the crap from going between the sheild and the swingarm... Do you have something for that attached to eliminate this !
Oh and yours looks great....need price ...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yea would like to see it on the bike. Anyone have any comments on the functionality of these? They do much to keep water from flinging up?
To keep dirt and water from flinging up onto the seat the hugger would need to go farther back than the tail light :( My shock is cleaner with the extended hugger, but it still gets dirty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear positive posts. Next plan is to indeed get it onto a bike and get some photos taken. Can anyone help me out maybe? I'm up at Edinburgh so anyone within say 2-3 hours that has maybe a spare hour. I'll of course help you back out in the future for the help.

I'm still waiting on the extended fender which should be next week some time before I do anything else.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Abe, I didn't know this is a issue. If I add a lip on the inside that goes over the swingarm gap it would increase the production cost. I might had to look into this better before it goes off for moulding. I'll ask the forum member that has the parts to take some photos of the inside of the hugger and front of the swingarm. Ultimately it'll cost you guys more but give me feedback and if you guys want it I'll try and get it added on. I would need to know a few things and not having a bike locally to test this would be a issue. If that isn't possible then maybe I need to add a one sided strip that can install behind the hugger.

I am very thankful for a forum member from other MT09 forum for helping me test fit it. Here's some photos of it fitted. Please give some feedback.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Wow nice molded new front fender with the extension ... I like the look ! Would these come pre painted ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Are they a photoshop renditions? One pic shows 2 holes next to each other, the next shows 1. It's a good idea for a product. If I didn't already have a Pyramid Plastics Extenda-Fenda's front and rear - then I'd be interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I'm viewing remotely so can't see pics. These are actual prototypes. No digital magic.

UPDATE: I have checked the photos and the LHS has 2 holes and RHS has 1.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Are they a photoshop renditions? One pic shows 2 holes next to each other, the next shows 1. It's a good idea for a product. If I didn't already have a Pyramid Plastics Extenda-Fenda's front and rear - then I'd be interested.
+1 Have the FendaExtenda but the front fender looks good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A month later and I have received the 1st parts to test fit. The lightning is bad where I took the photos but I just wanted to show you guys how it came out so far.
Next job is to get it test fitted. Any one close to Edinburgh willing to help out so we can get this checked out?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Damn, those pretty good! Major props for developing something functional like this, and still making it look good. Get those suckers mounted on a bike ASAP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you kind words. I need to find someone in southern Scotland/Yorkshire area.

Anyone willing to help out?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts