Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen any adjustable/extended rear footpegs that fit the FZ09? The passenger's knees are bent a bit more than normal so need to lower the pegs a bit so that it's a bit more comfortable for longer distances (at least a tankful of miles).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! They are really pricey! It's not clear if it's pricing for each- $48 for one peg is a lot. And then extenders for $41 is even more!
Wont the extenders for other bikes work? What would be a comfortable extension- 20mm or 30mm?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I saw them too on Twisted Throttle. Aren't there pegs that would be a direct fit to the FZ pegs? I doubt they would make the pegs a different size altogether. Anyone know the size?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just ordered mine . Got madstad w/s bracket coming .cee bailys seat to be here wednesday . Gonna be ready . Then hip surgery on the 4th . But i will be ready for the season
last thing is waiting for stoltec fork cartridges

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip...
I ordered these, originally for the FJR, but fit like a glove!
I just need to have them powder coated black.
My wife is VERY HAPPY she does not have to bend her knees that much, is a comfortable seating position now.
View attachment 2892
View attachment 2893
View attachment 2894
These look great-thanks for sharing! Are they from the link posted by s_fortuna above?
Do her legs hit your legs at all since the pegs are so close to the rider pegs now?

·
Registered
26 Posts
These look great-thanks for sharing! Are they from the link posted by s_fortuna above?
Do her legs hit your legs at all since the pegs are so close to the rider pegs now?
Yes, these are the ones s_fortuna found. I called them to see if they could do black, but the batch was already powder coated in FJR silver. Shipment was via USPS and very quick. ***Only Mod I did was to expand the hole for the original pin to fit in. The pin is 5/16" in diameter.
image.jpg
With my foot on the peg, I have about an inch (maybe a bit less) behind my heel before bumping into my wife's boot.
Legs don't touch.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, these are the ones s_fortuna found. I called them to see if they could do black, but the batch was already powder coated in FJR silver. Shipment was via USPS and very quick. ***Only Mod I did was to expand the hole for the original pin to fit in. The pin is 5/16" in diameter.
View attachment 2898
With my foot on the peg, I have about an inch (maybe a bit less) behind my heel before bumping into my wife's boot.
Legs don't touch.
Thanks for letting us know. So you used the original footpegs on these...what tools did you need you to take out the pin? And how did you expand the hole? Drilled?

With the black powdercoat, it should look great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The original pin is locked in place with a cotter pin (a pair of needlenose pliers will remove the cotter pin easily), the kit includes an Allen screw/lock nut set and a replacement cotter pin. I used the original pegs and fit perfectly in the extender. Watch for the ball bearing located at the bottom of the peg, is under pressure with a coil spring and can get lost easily. I used a 5/16" drill bit to expand the bottom hole and fit the pin.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info- wifey says stock pegs are fine for now- only need a better seat!...but this is good info in case she changes her mind! Will keep a pair handy.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thanks for the info- wifey says stock pegs are fine for now- only need a better seat!...but this is good info in case she changes her mind! Will keep a pair handy.
Cee bailys seat is to be here Thursday I will get pic when I get things done

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Since the FJR pegs listed above fit, I was wondering if these rear footpegs will fit- seems safest option as the angle can be changed if it is too close to the rider's.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
962 Posts
They fit - but just like the MFW Varios the pegs are very skinny. MCMotoSports also sell a Touring version which is much wider - but I want the best of both worlds. MCMoto's adjustable mount is held in place with a pin, the MFW Varios have machined teeth so they are sturdier. I don't stand on my pegs much - but I'd hate to stand up to go over a bump and have the pin/peg fail... If I didn't want to be able to move it between my daughter and my girlfriend - then I guess I could put pins into every hole and loctite everything in place.

peg.jpg

http://www.mc-motoparts.com/products/trc-cnc-front-rider-foot-pegs-24mm-adjustable-fit-yamaha-mt-09-13-14.html

I wonder if their wider peg will mount on an MFW Vario arm?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got these on Ebay- meant for FJRs but fit like a glove (almost).

The arms are connected to the footpeg via some machined teeth that help keep the arm in position.

They give a significant amount of extra room to my wife and now her knees don't have to bend upwards. Her legs feel are more relaxed and she is more comfortable.

I wished the arms were longer than 40mm..maybe 60/70mm...but as they are now, they are the perfect size that prevents her toes from touching the back of my leg- any more longer and they would surely touch. 9/10

The peg itself could be a bit longer but the entire mechanism is the same width as the stock peg- that reduces the width available to the passenger's feet though. 8.5/10

The build quality actually looks very good. And the black finish is discreet and very well done. The adjustability is great- helped me find the perfect angle where her legs were not cramped up or raised- and it happened to be actually angled backwards rather than forward- helped my legs have their room without fear of her feet touching the back of my legs. 10/10

The fit is pretty good- considering it was not meant for the FZ. It feels a little "loose" attached to the footpeg bracket and the wife did say it felt flimsy but once she is on the bike, she is perfectly fine on it and it feels just like the stock pegs- just more comfortable. And they snap back pretty well- to be put away when not in use. They don't rattle at all so I would give the fit 9.5/10.

Fitting them was fairly easy- I had to buy extra cotter pins to lock the original post in place. Used the original springs, ball bearings and lock (adapter?) plates. Placing the ball bearing that is responsible for snapping the pegs in place was the most tricky part but not terribly difficult. I lost the ball bearings a few times but got good at locating them! I am not an expert mechanic and if I could do it, most people can too. 10/10

Overall, a 9.5/10. I will see how they do over the course of the next few months.

Source:Shinobi Black Adjustable Rear Footpegs 40mm for Yamaha FJR 1300 06 10 11 12 13 | eBay

1 - 20 of 27 Posts