Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting a exhaust for the FZ

I see a lot of different choices so to all the guys and gals whats the best bang for the buck ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I agree the Akrapovic seems to be at the top of my list, but still on the fence do I really need a full header or would a slip on be enough

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have a 2011 FZ-8 and installed a carbon GP style slip on from Dan-moto and have been very happy with the sound

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see you used a dan moto canister in one of your pics what brand is the round style canister I see?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I see you used a dan moto canister in one of your pics what brand is the round style canister I see?
Not sure if you're talking to me... LOL

I use a custom version of the Danmoto Jisu on the FZ6R, I did a little few FZ8 mid ship exhaust too. The first few FZ09 I try to use the same slip-on and S shape mid pipe but it wasn't a big success. I went with the Delkevic DS-70 instead, much better. You can get it in carbon fiber or stainless steel. Comes with a nice DBK, but I don't use it. I put a video too on the main page. Cruising speed sound is barely louder than wind noise. Double digit RPM is a different story but not annoying loud.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm on the fence between the M4 slip-on or the akra full carbon. I think the M4 is the best bang for the buck...but the akra for $700 and some change...hmmm

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm on the fence between the M4 slip-on or the akra full carbon. I think the M4 is the best bang for the buck...but the akra for $700 and some change...hmmm
DTM74 where did you find the full akra system for 700?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Indysuperbikes.com -- $709; I think someone here said Revzilla price matched that number as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks DTM74 went on there site not sure i kinda like the Akrapovic Titanium but its 300 more but sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The Akra TI does sound amazing and I love the look...just don't want to drop 1k on an exhaust....yet :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Many threads here on this topic, search around and youll find all of the data that you seek. I had the arrow full system and loved it...I thought it sounded just a bit better than the akra...but the Akra is more tucked in (my Arrow stuck out more than I would prefer).

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
+1 for the arrow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is what Indy told me when I contacted them
"Only the Ti currently we are hoping to see carbon at 1st week of august
but are told if that is not the date they arrive it will be mid Sept due
to factory shut down in Aug"

1 - 20 of 68 Posts