Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll buy a akrapovic exhaust this winter...is it really necessary to flash ECU with new exhaust akrapovic carbon ?? .... we see a difference ??

thanks for reply

·
Registered
290 Posts
Search laddie, all your answers will be found.

Flash is easiest way to get it right, but other methods can be used.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I rode mine for a few hundred miles before the flash. It ran all right but it popped a ton on decel. On the dyno it was 113 without the baffle and 111 with before the flash. After the flash it was 116 without and 114 with.
The biggest difference with the flash was how much better it fueled. The difference was amazing and well worth the money it cost just for that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust aside, an ECU flash is probably one of the most worthwhile mods you can do. I just had mine done by Vcyclenut and was super impressed by the effect it had on the handling of the bike. The flash exentuates all of the things that are great about the triple and greatly reduces if not eliminates some of the things that weren't that great. I have an M4 slip on exhaust that used to backfire and pop like crazy on decel and even gear changes. Vcyclenut added a custom fuel map for the M4 to the flash and now it runs super smooth, I couldn't be happier with how the bike sounds and handles now. If you are going to drop the coin on a super nice Akra exhaust, I would Definitely reflash the ECU, I think Vcyclenut might even have a fuel map for the Akra?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The flash is the easiest way. Go with VCycleNut's flash and he will re-reflash your ECU when you change mods for just the shipping cost.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ecu has been flashed by stoltec ..... for the full power of my fz-09 with exhaust akrapovic I would flash my ecu again??

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
i have an aussie MT09, you can only richen up or lean the mixture for very small throttle openings, something like first 2% of throttle.
I enriched mine up a bit, it made it a bit less jerky, but the biggest benefit was easier starts when it was cold. will probably lean it off a bit again since its coming in to summer down here, not many cold starts for a while.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You can only adjust the FI (without a flash or PCV) if you have a Euro MT-09. Am I correct?
I was under the impression he already acquired the pcv... (I was confused as to why you guys were confused, i thought he had pcv)

After mapping my throttle position calibration via pcv... I copied and pasted generic dyno tables to do mine and i love it in comparison to where it was... Ecu reflash definitely offers more options.

I copied and pasted from yoshi table in 1st and 2nd gear up til 7k then filled higher rpms with graves.. Made similar adjustments in other gears with graves and akra tables... Added fuel to 0% throt table to cut decel pop after removing ais.

Eventually through different tries i found a fuel map that feels significantly more powerful with minimum popping and linear power increase... Rode around for a week with laptop in backpack making small adjustments at specific rpms and estimated throttle position.

Vcyclenut kinda makes pcv obsolete to this bike, but prior to his services i didnt consider it a bad investment.. (Partially because a part of enjoying owning a bike for me is doing my own mods and services to it, not just riding alone)

Kaiser

·
Registered
192 Posts
Old thread but it's time for me to do it the right way and I'm asking the vets and pros over here, I got the CF akrapovic installed again after first one is smashed, it backfires in decel, now what's the fix, stock flash/recall, or stoltec /vendors flash to get my bike running to its best performance with this bad boy akrapovic I just installed, please advise.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts