Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
MT09 SP 2021
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I just ordered the Akrapovic Racing Line for my 2021's MT09 SP and I'm considering remapping/reflashing my ECU but I'm wondering what is the long-term impact on the engine and gearbox. Plus, I would like to know if the DNA Air Filters are really necessary?

• Will my engine and gearbox suffer from much early retirement or there will be no difference?
  • How far can I go with the rev limiter in order to keep my engine healthy?
  • Will removing the speed limiter damage my engine and gearbox in the long term?
  • What's the difference between Stock, DNA Stage 1, and DNA Stage 2? And which one is the better value (price/performance)?
  • What's the difference between installing only the exhaust, installing the exhaust and the air filter (the option you recommend), and installing the exhaust, air filter and remap? And which one is the better value (price/performance)?
  • Which oil do you recommend for the engine? I use Motul 7100, should I upgrade it to the 300V?

I've been reading some of the posts here but didn't find all the information I'm looking for.

If you have the time and are in the mood to throw some extra tips regarding proper maintenance, best tire options for hot dry summers and relative hot/dry winter, best extra performance parts, how to get the bike a more aggressive/sport look. I would really appreciate it.

I bought this beauty 2 months ago and it was the best decision of my life! This is my first bike and I already feel like I've been riding her for years, it's amazing! I do about 250 miles per week on twisties and I just can't get enough! Hope you guys help me out looking after this beauty like she's looking after me.

Good rides everyone!

·
Vendor
1,685 Posts
  • Will my engine and gearbox suffer from much early retirement or there will be no difference? should be no difference with a quality tune.
  • How far can I go with the rev limiter in order to keep my engine healthy? Im bumping them by 250 and feel very comfortable with that. I have no way to truly test what the safe limit is , not sure how anyone would
  • Will removing the speed limiter damage my engine and gearbox in the long term? no,
  • What's the difference between Stock, DNA Stage 1, and DNA Stage 2? And which one is the better value (price/performance)? stage 1 is a drop in filter , stage 2 is a while new airbox lid. I have tested the stage 2 and am preparing to test the drop in ones now. Only you can determine what is a better value to you. Intake testing - FLASHED BY VCYCLENUT

• What's the difference between installing only the exhaust, installing the exhaust and the air filter (the option you recommend), and installing the exhaust, air filter and remap? And which one is the better value (price/performance)? again see my testing and you have to decide what is best for you

• Which oil do you recommend for the engine? I use Motul 7100, should I upgrade it to the 300V? I use 300v but will make no claims as an oil expert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts