Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am a new owner from Columbus, Ohio. I decided three weeks ago to sell my 2007 fz6 and upgrade to this amazing bike last weekend. I am 6'7" 200 lbs and the bike actually fits pretty well for me. Now time to grow my list of mods!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome, used to live outside Columbus, at Cross Creek RV park in Delaware Ohio. :)

Reactions: RideFZ09Style

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
welcome, what are you thinking for mods?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome, what are you thinking for mods?
I will try to post pics tonight when I get home. I have the akrapovic carbon exhaust on its way, levers from my fz6 which will fit on the 9, and hoping to get a wind screen and frame sliders soon. Currently deciding on PCV or ECU flash due to the warranty issues that could result. Although it may not fit to most peoples taste I am a fan of LED underglow kits, so I will be installing one of those this weekend.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
That sounds great! ECU flash is the way to go. Don't worry about warranty stuff (do you an extended warranty with Yammi?).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I got the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome :) The more pics the merrier... I think light kits are cool as long as they don't go way over the top.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome. I live in the Gahanna / New Albany area. I'm sure I'll see your bike around eventually.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome. I live in the Gahanna / New Albany area. I'm sure I'll see your bike around eventually.
Ever around the Polaris scene on Friday/Saturday nights?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Occasionally. I'm thinking about heading to Quaker Steak and Lube tonight for bike night. Haven't been in a long time.
If you go to the parking lot behind the sonic on Gemini on Friday or Saturday there are a bunch of exotics/muscle/tuner cars and motorcycles if you are into that sort of thing. Usually most busy around 10 pm.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome! You could mod yours with a basketball hoop...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts